Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Passenger

Default Hotels in Miami

Hey all

After returning from the Miracle on Monday, I am booking a 3 nighter with my sister on the Majesty of the Seas in June. We would like to fly in a day early to Miami and would like some ideas of where to stay. We would like to stay as close to the port as possible for an easy ride over the next day. Also somewhere near the Bayside Mall would be good.

Does anybody know if any hotels will shuttle you from the airport and how much is costs. Also if any certain hotels will shuttle you to Bayside and to the port and their charge for the shuttle.

Also any info on how to go about using priceline or any other way to get a decent hotel in this area at a decent price. We are coming from Canada, and the exchange on our money is a factor.

Thanks

Tara
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Re: Hotels in Miami

Hi,
We stayed at the Holiday Inn, Port of Miami. It was right across the street from Bay Side Mall. The hotel did not have a shuttle to the Port but a taxi or van to the port was only $5.00. Nice hotel with a nice restaurant inside. There were of course a lot more good places to eat at Bayside Mall. Enjoy your cruise.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old April 18th, 2004, 04:42 PM
K. M.

Don't know how much help I might be because we haven't yet been down to the hotel I have reserved for us in Miami. We're cruising in June, flying down the day before. I reserved us a room by using Priceline. I requested a 3 star hotel in the airport vicinity. My price was picked up by the Wyndham hotel. That's a nice brand name hotel which I feel comfortable with after having checked out their website. It seems to be just fine for us and we are happy with the price we paid vs. what their rack rate is. In addition, they offer free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Not sure about shuttling to port the next day but we expect to pay a cab for that.

I'm anxious to hear other responses as far as the vicinity as we'll be needing a place to dine in that area.

Hope all works out well for you. Good luck!
Old April 19th, 2004, 10:44 AM
maho

ditto on the price line
we used it before and after our cruise and got very nice hotels
both time close to bayside for about 45 bucks
someone i knew had stayed at the same hyatt we got for 45 and he had spent over 200 for a room there
Old April 19th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Jack & Erlinda

Priceline - 3star Downtown - You will probably get either the Hyatt or the Radisson for $35 or $40 - both very nice hotels near Bay Side. Radisson is right next to the Metrorail which you can ride to Bay Side for free or they have a shuttle for $1.00 per person. They have a port shuttle for $5.00 per person. The Hyatt is nearer Bay Side and you can walk. Again, a taxi is $5 to the port from the Hyatt.