Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Turnin'Green?

Default Bow Area Cabins

Hi,
I have a really dumb question. I have an outside cabin booked on Mercury about 1/4 of the way back from the bow. I have read in posts that the bow cabins have more motion, but is that only if you are right up front? I am scared to get one in the aft area due to posts about vibration, and cannot seem to locate a midship cabin. Anyway, what I am really asking is will a cabing 1/4 the way back be terrible as compared to a vibrating aft cabin.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2004, 05:40 PM
cruisinKandJ

Default Re: Bow Area Cabins

You don't say where you're sailing. If it's the calm waters of the Carib., I'd say you don't have a problem. You'll probably here the anchor going down every morning, though.

J.
Old March 15th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Admiral

We like the motion but that's us and some people find it bothersome. The main thing is that you may well be awakened when pulling into the ports that your tender. Dropping anchor is very noisy. <G>
Jim

Old March 15th, 2004, 06:33 PM
Turnin'Green?

To clarify: we'll be going inside passage from Seattle to Alaska. Noisy plunkdown of anchor in the AM is ok with me. Lots of horrible rockiness is another........
Old March 15th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

There will not be lots of horrible rockiness 1/4 way back from the bow in your cabin. You are closer to sea level there. What you will hear and feel are the thrusters and anchor chain. But, I was always able to fall back asleep after that.

Old March 15th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Turnin'Green?

OH BOY, OH BOY!!!!!!!!! A midship cabin opened up........sweet! Best luck ever! I'm so excited (jumping, jumping, hard to type while jumping)!