Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2004, 03:10 PM
rsgal

Default help PLEEEEASE

I love cruisemates, they have been a big help, yet the biggest problem I am having is deciding which cruise line to travel. This will be our first cruise, might be our last because we are raising 4 children and extra money is hard to come by. eldest son is getting ready for college. any way, I want to go to the western carribean. we are 37 and 38. active yet not teenagers. we will be traveling with no children. YEA!! can anybody recommend a cruise line. Thank-yiou in advance. signed going out of my mind.
Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: help PLEEEEASE

HI RSgal,
Sounds like it will be just you and your husband, how wonderful. Do you like to be very active while on vacation, do you mind getting dressed up a few nights for dinner??

My all time favorite cruiseline is Royal Caribbean, but thats just me. I'd recommend checking into RCL, Princess and Celebrity. All are great cruiselines, some are more refined than others, all have decent food and good service...

I absolutely loved Radiance of the Seas, you may want to look into any one of the Radiance class ships and see how that looks.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 16th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: help PLEEEEASE

Hi Donna
I've read a few of your entries, you sound like a pro. As far as being active, well we can take it or leave it. we would like to swim with the dolphins, see the maya ruins.and climb dunns river. But we'd like to sit by the pool with a coctail also. As far as dressing up, well to tell the honest truth, we figure we'll proberably do room service on formal nights. Just not us. Maybe one. Husbands a carpenter and it's like pulling teeth to get him in a suit for church. Does that narrow down the feild any?

Old March 16th, 2004, 03:51 PM
jlynd53

From your description you sound like you would enjy Royal Caribbean. Celebrity is a little more "foo-foo" then I think you would like. I have not done Princess yet so I can not help you there. I hope this helps!
Old March 16th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: help PLEEEEASE

Thank you, I will look into it

Old March 16th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Re: help PLEEEEASE

Hi Rsgal,
I hope you can talk your DH into at least one formal dinner, they really are special and adds to the total cruise expierence, heck, he may even enjoy it. You may want to check into some of the Royal Caribbean longer cruises that basically circle the Caribbean, almost an Eastern and Western cruise in one. I know Brilliance was doing them, so see what Royal Caribbean ships are doing that itinary, I think you'll have a wonderful time.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 16th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Passenger

Thanks Donna,
I will defineately look into that, you are the 3rd to suggest that. Thanks again

Old March 16th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Admiral

I would say CCL or RCI would be your best choices. Celebrity, Princess and NCL are a little to 'relaxed' and quite.
Jim

Old March 16th, 2004, 06:26 PM
daffomom

If it's your first cruise, I don't think you can make a bad choice...we did NCL Sky to Alaska in 2001, Carnival Victory to New England in 2003, doing Celebrity Mercury to Alaska in May 2004. We are pretty laid back in our 40's & my husband is a builder also....so..we may find that Celebrity is a bit too formal for us too, but, heck..it's still vacation! We personally liked Carnival, but alot of people give it a bad rap...it the $$ is right and it's going where & when you like, book it and have a great timke..every cruise is going to make some people happier than others...when I booked the Sky to Alaska, the $$ was right, so we went for it...had a great time...

Good luck!