Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Luvjoy1948
Default Sign and Sail Card

Just got my tickets today - now the cruise is a reality. I am so excited. Do have one questions. If there are two adults in the cabin, how much do we have to put on the card? Do we each get a card? I am rather confused because there was only room for one credit card info. Thanks for the assistance. Toni

Post Edited (03-27-04 16:52)

Carnival Ship - Holiday

Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Sign and Sail Card

Hi Tony,
When you get to the pier and do your embarkment, you can each use a different credit card or the same, its up to you. At the end of the cruise all the charges on your sign/sail card will just be billed to the credit card you give them when you first get there. The very last night they will give you a sheet with all the charges and the total, so you know what is being billed to your credit card.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 27th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Luvjoy1948

Donna: Thanks for the advise. I really do appreciate it. Toni

Carnival Ship - Holiday

Old March 29th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Passenger

Can I tell them at the desk that I would rather them not put the tips on my credit card? I would rather just give cash to whoever gets a tip -- this way I can control what I want to give. Thanks.
Old March 29th, 2004, 10:19 AM
jlynd53

elle - It depends what cruise line you are on. On Royal Caribbean they do not put your tips on your card unless you ask them to. I hope this helps!
Old March 29th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Sign and Sail Card

I'm going on Carnival and the booklet said that tips will be put on the credit card -- I am hoping that I don't have to do that though,
Old March 29th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Admiral

go to the pursers desk right away and have the automatic tipping charges removed from your account. That's what we do.
Old March 29th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

If you opt out of automatic tipping, the people you do tip still have to turn that $$ over to the pool. You can downgrade or upgrade the amounts as you desire.
Old March 29th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Cruise Maniac

If you opt out of automatic tipping, the people you do tip still have to turn that $$ over to the pool. You can downgrade or upgrade the amounts as you desire.

Automatic tipping was soooo much easier than trying to make sure you have enough cash for everyone at the end. It was a real pain sitting in the cabin trying to dole out money on the last night, put it in the correct envelope, carry it around to find these people then give it to them. I also hate having to have that much cash in my possession at any given time. What a hassle. With automatic tipping, somebody else deals with the logistics.
Old March 29th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Cruisingrandma

We pay our tips when we pay for our cruise. That way its all done with before we leave. So not on my sail n sign either. But if we have great service we give cash the last night. or if someone does above and beyond we tip right thee and then. i believe that tips r always earned and would never take them away. Happy cruising.....
Old March 29th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Admiral

Not all ships pool the tips. Most that I have done keep the individual tips that they are given. Just did RCI's VOyager of the Seas in Feb and CCL's Legend last week and neither pool their tips.
Jim