Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Passenger

Default What was your most inexpensive cruise?

Please post your most inexpensive cruise. I'm new to cruising and I'm just curious.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2004, 09:59 PM
First Mate

Default Re: What was your most inexpensive cruise?

So far the one I have booked is the cheapest. (I haven't gone yet so I am not sure about sail and sign)

The last 3 cruises I booked cost me over 1200.00 each. My sail and sign card was over that amount for each cruise. So I would say I spent about 3000 plus including shore items bought. This time I paid 800.00 for a 4A upgraded to a 4D so until I get the S&S this is the cheapest so far.

Old March 30th, 2004, 03:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

I cruised on the Carnival Imagination last march for 439.00 CANADIAN (plus airfare and tax)
Old March 30th, 2004, 06:18 AM
donnajo

I am cruising the Grandeur 7 day out of New Orleans on the 17th in an outside cabin for 570pp. I had frequent flier mileage for the flight from Chicago.
Total for two people.. 1140. Not too bad for a week's vacation.

Donna
Old March 30th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

Have a Category 6D cabin on the Fascination for the 19 April sailing. Total cost....$378.41. Not bad!

Carnival Fascination - April 2004, October 2005, Dec 2006
Sovereign of the Seas - Sept. 2003, April 2005, Oct. 2005, Sept. 2006
Carnival Sensation - September 2007

Old March 30th, 2004, 09:39 AM
First Mate

Hi:
I've won two out of the 30 cruises I've taken, so I guess they would have to be the least expensive.
Happy Cruising.......Anita
Old March 30th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: What was your most inexpensive cruise?

$528 total fare for both my wife and I on the Sovereign. Our S/S bill was only about 200.
Old March 30th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Yeoman

We're going on the Summit for 11 days and ths is the most we've ever paid but it is the longest one we've been on. Our Honeymoon cruise was very expensive once we got our bar bill.

Old March 30th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Admiral

HMMM....is there a timeframe

We went on Premier cruiselines in 1993....4 day for 225/pp inside cabin.....
It went from Port canaveral to the bahamas and back.....It was the ship called the Oceanic....Is it still around????!

Old March 30th, 2004, 06:52 PM
Admiral

We usually get an outside cabin for less than $100 per person per day. I think the cheapest we've ever cruised was on the Sovereign for about $65 pp/pd.

The bar bill is usually more than the price of the ticket. But then Mrs. Thomas drinks a lot! <wink>

Regards,
Thomas
Old March 30th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

I booked the Celebrity Millenium for a 7-day Eastern Carib for $519. Granted this is an inside cabin but it is on deck 8. That's about $74 a day. This cruise is for Jan 2, 2005.

I booked this cruise about a year ago when I saw it on my TA's website and thought it was a mistake, but it wasn't. This same cruise now goes for $650 on my TA's site

We recently got the Summit for a 10-night Ultimate Caribbean for about $85 a day. I though that was a bargain.

I find that Celebrity has some good deals if you book early, much better than what Royal Caribbean offers.

Keep in mind the best time deals are the the first two weeks in December, right before Xmas and of course September (hurricane season).

I always cruise in the first two weeks of December, the kiddies are still in school.
Old March 30th, 2004, 08:18 PM
cruisinKandJ

Probably the cheapest one we were on was a couple of years ago when we sailed on the Vision of the Seas out of Los Angeles. Can't remember the cost, but we "gave ourselves" a balcony cabin with the savings of not having to fly wherever. Nice ship, too.

J.
Old March 31st, 2004, 07:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

We did the Southern Caribbean on the SS Norway during hurricane season and got the 7-day cruise for $250 a piece. It was a chance but the weather was perfect! This was just 2 years ago.
Old March 31st, 2004, 11:41 AM
Asealady

Last June we went on Carnival's Victory from NY city to Halifax and St. Johns for 5 days. Price for everything was 299.00 a person. We up graded to a oceanview cabin. Not too bad.

In November went On NCL The Dawn for 7 days. Had a oceanview cabin, the 3rd person was 34.00 plus port charges. Not too bad either.
Old March 31st, 2004, 04:22 PM
Passenger

Thanks you all for your posts! Some of these deals are awesome!

KathyM and sherri1, I thought that hurricane season is from June to November. Is September the worst month?
Old March 31st, 2004, 05:32 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to rehr

My upcoming cruise cost me 375 pp on the Carnival Paradise. But it is for a 1A.

Hopeful Undetermined Cruise
Past Cruises:
Paradise 4/11/04
Old March 31st, 2004, 06:40 PM
Admiral

My best deal was a one week cruise in a suite on the Norway ... I won it.

Hurricane season is June through November and August and September are usually the worst.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old April 2nd, 2004, 12:03 PM
David Starkey

Two different FREE cruises from Celebrity...due to shipyard delays and or repairs to ships that required unexpected drydock...... No wonder this is my favorite cruise line...
Old April 2nd, 2004, 01:59 PM
Pela

Our 4-day honeymoon cruise to the Greek Islands in 1984 cost us $349.00 each, but yes, that was a long time ago. This was on the Epirotiki Lines "Oceanus" which sank several years later, and the captain abandoned ship, leaving the passengers and crew behind.
Old April 5th, 2004, 02:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

August and September are the peak months of hurricane season for the Eastern Carib. The weather authorities go by previous year's models hurricanes.

June and July have Western Carib flareups first then it shifts in August and September (October and November) to the Eastern Carib, with the these storms coming off the coast of Africa. The ones off Africa are the big ones.

October can be iffy as well. You are pretty safe by the middle of November.

I live in Miami, so I take hurricanes very seriously. It's not that I don't want to be out on a ship, buy I need to be home to batten down the hatches.

I always cruise in May and December to be on the safe side in the Caribbean and have always had beautiful weather.

Countdown: Four weeks to go for the Explorer of the Seas Eastern Carib.....Yippie!
Old April 5th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

we took a 7 day out of new york with ncl in june 2001 for total pkg of 520. i bid on it on an auction site that for obvious reasons is no longer in business. our shipboard expenses were less than 100, and we flew to nyc from mo. for 150 each so that vacation was our cheapest ever.
Old April 6th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Confused in Oregon

We're sailing on May 19 on Holland America from Rome to Dover - 14 days - outside upgraded cabin - for $1260 per person. That includes all taxes, port charges, etc. We're VERY pleased.

Our guess our best deal was a couple of years ago. HAL (through our TA) said that if we could delay our trip by three weeks (they suddenly had a lot of demand for our original cruise), we'd get back to back 10 day cruises and moved from an inside to outside cabin for the same price. I remember that it was approx. $1100 pp. It was So. Caribbean but, except for St. Thomas, it was all different ports.
Old April 6th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Yeoman

We sailed last May/03 on RC Explorer of Seas for $586. taxes included, pp. We drove to Miami, from Ohio, had booked interior room guarantee, had inside rooms on deck 9, and the trip was our best vacation to date. We took our 2 teenage kids w/us, so for 4, it ended up costing around $4,000, but we also swam w/the dolphins in Jamaica @$96. pp. This cruise now cost absout $700 pp for same category, cruise only. We are leaving in 12 days n the Carnival Holiday from New Orleans 5 day to Playa del Carmen & Cozumel. Booked a 4C for $319.33 pp, taxes included, and thought that was a great deal.
I also read on this forum somewhere where RC has Happy Hour on tuesdays, they e-mail their TA w/specials. I called my TA to inquire about it, and she's like yea, we do. So I'm like I wish I woulda known that before, and I coulda gotten some other good deals. Hafta wait til next yr, as will be outta vacation days this yr!
Happy Cruising!
Debbie
Old April 7th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Admiral

On a per-person per-day basis, our cheapest cruise was December 2003 on the Celebrity Zenith...outside cabin, 14 days @ $69 pp/pd for a total of $1,935 including port & taxes.

Jack

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old April 8th, 2004, 06:34 AM
darlenenjake

Not sure what my last cruise was Mom took care of it, so I guess that would be the cheapest. BUT, there is a sailing on the Paradise on 4/25 going for $329.00 right now, everything included. 7 nights. WOW! That's only $41.00 a day...
Old April 8th, 2004, 09:07 PM
darlenenjake

It does include the port charges and taxes, and I wish I could but Fiance just can't take another 8 days off again so soon. We just got back last Sunday from Paradise 7 nights.
Old April 14th, 2004, 04:10 PM
First Mate

HD and I are paying about $400 for 4 days on the Sensation. We live in FLA and do not have the extra expense of air fare.

I remember sailing on Premiere (they went bankrupt a few years ago) for about $250 for 3 days. They were big noisy ships, but the food was great. Also, I was younger and could easily forgo some of the amenities. I never saw a window in the cabin until I was about 35 y.o.!!!

The worse thing you can do is treat yourself to a balcony on something like the Glory, because all else is a come down.....

but hey it is hard to go wrong with good friends, salt air, blue water and a little rum!!
Old April 16th, 2004, 11:09 AM
aqusis

We're paying 682.50 per person for a balcony on the Mariner, just the two of us! Includes all taxes and port charges!
Old April 16th, 2004, 03:19 PM
First Mate

I just purchased my next cruise on skyauction.com and got it for 5 nights from New Orleans western carb for 400.00 per person including all cost. I thought that was a good deal.
Old April 16th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Admiral

Staten Island Ferry - Free

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004