Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 31st, 2004, 02:15 PM
First Mate

Default Disney

My kids want to go back to Disney. Would like to do the cruise/park package. Very, very expensive. Any hints are doing it any cheaper??

We are 4 people, 2 adults and 2 children.

Thanks,

Natalie

Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2004, 08:21 PM
AngelaAngel

Default Re: Disney

To me, I would pick one or the other. To get the full experience of the parks then just go to the parks for a week. You NEED that much time! If it's a cruise you really want to do, just a few days cruising is really a tease to me. Your whole family could stay at the All-Star resort for under $80 night. The cruise would def cost you alot more money. Especially Disney Cruises.
Old April 5th, 2004, 08:01 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Disney

Thanks Angela. They would prefer a week in Disney, but my husband and I wouldn't. So I was thinking if we did the combined cruise and disney, at least on the Cruise we would have a little luxury and go to 2 islands and do the disney thing.

They're older and have been to disney several times, but not to the Orlando parks in almost 7 years!

Old April 5th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Disney

If you're a AAA member, you may qualify for a park discount. I recommend a 4-5 day Park Hopper pass if you're going to multiple parks. (The days you don't use will not expire.) Also, check with your workplace to see if they have a "Magic Kingdom Club" or special company rates on admission.

Disney just went up on their admission price - it's now $58 per adult for one day, one park. You might also see if Disney can get you a hotel/ticket package by checking the Walt Disney World website at www.waltdisneyworld.com.

Also, there are plenty of hotels just outside the park that are much cheaper and have more ammenities than the Disney hotels, like free breakfast, shuttle, etc. Look at expedia.com or travelocity.com for hotels in Kissimmee, preferably along US 192 (aka Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway).

If you really, really want to stay on the Disney property, the All Star resorts are the cheapest, or you can give the Fort Wilderness Lodge a try.

Finally, I have to recommend the Universal Studios and Universal Studios Islands of Adventure parks over Disney, especially if your kids are older and prefer thrill rides. (Did I say that?!?) Universal is awesome when it comes to customer service, attractions, and innovative ideas! Plus, they don't nickel and dime the tourists to death. AAA members get 10% discount on admission and at the shops and restaurants throughout the park.

5/27/10 Carnival Dream
4/5/10 Carnival Insipiration
5/8/09 Carnival Glory
11/6/04 [Carnival] Celebration
4/17/04 Carnival Miracle
2/2001 Carnival Fantasy

11/13/95 Big Red Boat
Old April 6th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Admiral

I really don't know of any cheap way to do a Disney combo cruise. Disney's prices are so much higher. Have you approached the kids with the idea of an RCCL cruise with the kids programs, rock climbing wall, rollerblading, ice skating etc? They might think that something like that is really cool. You could do a 7 day cruise a lot cheaper on RCCL than a 3-4 day combo cruise on Disney - which is basically a "tease" imo- 3 days Disney 4 days cruise or visa versa isn't enough time in either location.
go to RCCL's website or to your local TA to see if they have some sort of video for the entire family to watch together.
Old April 6th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Admiral

Natalie,
There's a lot of good money-saving information on this site.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old April 6th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Yeoman

You have said your kids are older. Why not consider a cruise other than Disney? Most all cruises have childrens programs and activities. And the shore excursions that are offered are more fun than trekking around a hot amusement park, and waiting in line.
Our last Carnival Cruise-7 day balcony room- all total was nearly $1000 less than our 5 day Disney All Star Resort. And that included souvinirs,and alcoholic beverages for my DH and I .You can spend what you would pay for meals in a Disney Park and have some very exciting excursions.

Old April 6th, 2004, 10:55 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Disney

Thanks everyone!

Natalie

Old April 8th, 2004, 06:37 AM
darlenenjake

Also you can try www.disboards.com, there are many advice boards there all relating to Disney and Disney Cruises. You could always take a CCL cruise out of the Port of Canaveral and rent a car or use the buses to get to Disney and spend a few nights there before or after the cruise.