Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 11th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Yeoman

Default quick shuttle from seattle to vancouver

too save alot of money on the flight we are going to fly into seattle. the quick shuttle will take us to vancouver from seatac and then pick us up and take us back to seattle at the pier at canada place. how is this trip???. we do not want to rent a car and drive ourselves. their price right not is about $70 round trip. we will still be saving a ton of money on the flight and we will get in some siteseeing i hope. please let me know what you think of this bus trip. thanks

Old April 15th, 2004, 09:26 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly
Default Re: quick shuttle from seattle to vancouver

Did the bus trip for the Mercury out of Vanc last June. It was fine. However, with having to load and unload all lugage for customes each way it becomes a VERRRY long day and it could be tight getting to the pier for boarding. I do not recall the exact length of the trip with quick coach but we did it a day ahead and stayed several days in seattle on our return. I would stay in ?Vanc several days next time.
Old April 19th, 2004, 08:54 AM
daffomom

We took the quick shuttle back from Canada Place to the airport in Seattle & would do it again...it was great to not rent a car & have to navigate & then turn in the car & all that...I slept most of the trip, but my hubby said it was a beautiful drive...

We were dropped off right at our departure airline door...

I didn't think it was a big hassle for luggage...

What cruise line are you going on? Some of them do have transfers themselves ..you might check....

the trip is about 2 1/2 to 3 hours...also...we found that it was faster crossing the Canadian/US border than in a rental car...

Have a great cruise! We are leaving in 2 weeks for Alaska on the Mercury out of San Francisco....
Old April 19th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: quick shuttle from seattle to vancouver

thanks daffomom

we are getting in a day early and staying the night in seattle when we get back from the cruise. can you tell me what time you had a flight out and still made the plane at seatac. in order to get back home the same night we would have to be on the plane no later than 2pm. that was cutting it too close for comfort. so we are going to stay in a room and do some sight seeing in seattle before we come home. we will be on the carnival spirit going to glacier bay on may 11, 2005. a verrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy long time to wait but lots of good time to organize and make shore trip and hotel plans. thanks for the info and im glad to hear it is a good trip.

Old April 20th, 2004, 07:30 AM
daffomom

We were supposed to depart around 3 pm, I think. However, our cruise left 10 days after 9/11, so air travel & security was still in a very stressed state. As we waited to board the plane...we watched out the window as security brought dogs & alot of personnel on board...we boarded about 45 minutes late & then sat at the gate for an additional 2 hours while everyone's luggage was screened ..so..we missed our connecting flight home, but NW put us up for the night.

We had plenty of time to make our connection...I think we were at the airport by 12 or 12:30. Quick Shuttle has an Express to the airport and then they also have one that goes to the downtown hotels. You can call Quick Shuttle & get more info..but they are making that Vancouver/Seattle run all the time & have to meet a schedule, so they pretty much know their times.

I have never used Priceline, but I would try it the next time I was in Seattle. If you pick a high rated hotel, you will have a very nice place to stay and a nice location.
Old April 20th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: quick shuttle from seattle to vancouver

thanks again daffomom

we are setting up some sight seeing after all in seattl, so spending the night will be the way we go this time. have a great cruise. dusty