Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Kathy rracadin

Default Alaska's difference

What can I expect on an Alaska Cruise different that other cruises? Is a balcony a necessitity? What kind of weather can be expected? Will there be seven days of good sailing or will fog or rain etc. ruin some days. Will I be able to wear summer clothing or will I need sweaters or jackets? Are dining time on schedule or do the excursions interrupt routines?? Will it be Pacific coast time??? Do they have daylight savings time??? Also any experience you find peculiar to Alaska please share. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Alaska's difference

Hi Kathy,
Yes, an Alaska cruise is very different from a Caribbean crusie, but for the balcony, I'd for sure get one for Alaska, its just so beautiful, you don't want to miss anything. As to the weather, its a mixed bag, expect to see some rain and pack some rain gear, after all you are in a rain forest. You may or may not see fog, we were lucky and didn't have that problem. Just pack sweat-shirts and t-shirts and layer your clothing, I also packed a pair of shorts and did get to wear them. If you are going to an excursion by the glaciers, you'll need a warm jacket, gloves, hat, etc.

When are you going and on what ship?

Message Boards Moderator