Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 29th, 2004, 11:20 AM
nuwcruz

Default how new dining works

I was wondering how this works. If I have 2nd seating for the cruise, then decide one night or 2 nights, to eat at one of the new resturants, do I have to tell the waiters in the main dining roon that I won't be there and that I have made a reservation at the other resturant? I heard that the waiters won't start serving the table until all guests are there.
How does the waiter know if we are at the other resturant?

Also, if you book air through the cruise line do they tell you as soon as it's booked what flight it is, I mean in case it isn't a good time and needs to be changed?Or do you have to wait until close to sailing time to find out then try to get it changed?
Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Default Re: how new dining works

Can't answer your second question as we drive to the ports, but can tell you about the waiter situation. It is courteous to inform the waiter the evening before that you won't be there the next night, but if it's spontaneous and you have no way of informing him, don't worry about it. If you haven't shown up ten or fifteen minutes after dinner starts, they'll assume you're not coming. People do this every day, so don't worry about it, it isn't a big deal.

Enjoy your cruise!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old April 29th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Admiral

You do not have to tell the waiters you are not coming to dinner, but, if you know , why not tell both the waiter and your tablemates as a courtesy.
Usually , unless you buy custom air (each cruise line has a different name for this) , you will not know what your air arrangements are until 30 days or so prior to departure.
This can vary, but, for example, if you book a cruise in January for December, you are not going to bre given air arrangements right then and there (unless of course you book your own or pay for "custom" arrangements).
Have a nice cruise
Old April 29th, 2004, 12:49 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey

Okay, this is probably dumb, but when would you tell the waiter?
If you decide early in the day you are not dining in the dining room, can you find him somewhere?

Old April 29th, 2004, 01:01 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: how new dining works

You could tell him the night before or let one of your table mates know, or even let one of the head waiters know (dining rooms are open for breakfast and lunch). It won't be the end of the world if you don't tell him, it's just a courtesy if you do (as much for table mates as for waiter).
Old April 29th, 2004, 01:05 PM
spaceguy

Default Re: Re: how new dining works

Well if you are late seating you could catch your waiter as people are arriving for early seating and let them know. Perhaps you will see one of your table mates around the ship and you can let them know too if it is last minute, or call or send a note to their room if you know their cabin#. Sometimes you will see your waiter/asst waiter at lunch or in the buffet area and could tell them then too.
Old April 30th, 2004, 09:46 AM
Admiral

of course you should inform your wait team out of common courtesy. All it takes is a quick call to the Maitre D, all you need is your table number. Most waiters we have encountered express a genuine concern when someone doesn't show up for dinner. " Is everyone alright? Did we offend you in anyway that made to you not want to dine" things like that.