Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2004, 05:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default laptop computers.. can I bring one aboard?

I was wondering if I could bring my laptop computer on board with me. I figured I could use it to download all my pictures so I can use my memory card over and over again. I only have room for about 80 pictures.

Looking forward to my next cruise.... 6/2005
Sponsored Links
Old May 4th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Demolition Man

Default Re: laptop computers.. can I bring one aboard?

Like I said in the topic on digital cameras, you can also get a "digital wallet", for just under the price for an expensive memory card. Expect to pay around $ 300 for one, but some play mp3s (beat that Ipod!), and they have around a 30-60 GB hard drive. You can fit a heck of a lot more on wallet than a mem-card, for just a bit more. It also acts as a portable hard drive, so in the off season you can use it to store games and stuff between home and the office (what I do)
Old May 7th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Island Guy

Dont bother bringing your laptop. Pick up an extra media card. Dont forget your video cable and AC cord for your camera. When you are ready to view your pics plug your camera into your cabin TV (it might not have a video input) or the TV in the conference room or lounge. It works for me unless your on a ship like the Horizon.

Kevin
Old May 14th, 2004, 10:54 PM
FyrBoss

Why not purchase a keychain sized "Jump Drive"? I had never heard of these till my Army brat in Baghdad said they're all picking them up and borrowing a buddies digital camera. One just plugs the USB card reader into the Jump Drive and it stores your info to download later. Mine is 256MB and I bought it at Sam's Club for around $40, certainly cheaper than a like sized SD card.

Millie January 16 2005!!! First timer and can't wait!
Old May 18th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the tips...as for other options.....

Has anyone out there ever used the ship's photo/computer services for either downloading /transferring/processing their pix to CD/photos etc...and if so what is the approximate cost? quality? Any recommendations?

We are new to digital photography and although we have a decent sized SD card, I'm not sure how crazy we will get with the picture taking! Digital makes it very easy to snap and ask questions later! Any info is greatly appreciated. We will be sailing on the Summit.

Summit