CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   what to pack? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/243539-what-pack.html)

Seppe May 4th, 2004 01:43 PM

what to pack?

I am going on a 7 day to Belise, Cozumel, Grand Caymans, and Costa Maya on May 14th and I am stressing waht to pack. Its just me and my boyfreind and more than likely I am going to have to pack for the both of us. Can you please help with what you can?
Thank you
Seppe's Girlfreind

DisneyJag May 4th, 2004 11:39 PM

Re: what to pack?

There are several threads (and websites) available that discuss this subject in detail. Just do a search if you're in a hurry.
Additionally, some of the easily forgotten "essentials," in my opinion, are:
* Bug spray
* Sun screen
* Sunglasses
* Extra bathing suits
* Over-the-counter and prescription medicine (cold & allergy meds, asprin, etc.)
* After-sun lotion or sunburn spray, such as Solarcane (sp?)

LindaE May 6th, 2004 10:43 AM

Plan on living in shorts or a swim suit during the day. At night you'll want to dress up for dinner. Take something special and WOW your boyfriend.

LisaK May 6th, 2004 01:24 PM

keep it simple. Start with all your basic tolietry essentials, make a list from Deodorant to Toothbrushes and everything in between. Get your over-the-counter medication-anything from Advil, Tylenol to Rolaids, anything you take on a regular basis. Get your prescription meds in order. Hairdryer, curling iron etc. Fanny pack for carrying around your daily needs. Small backpack to take to the beach. Portable CD player, book or magazine to read around the pool or on the beach. IF you snorkel and have your own gear, bring it, forget the fins- too bulky, you can rent fins cheaply.
Clothing Daytime: shorts, tanks, t-shirts, bathing suit w/cover-up, some sort of waterproof sandal or slip-on. Decks and island sand gets very hot. Some sort of hat for each of you, sunglasses & sunscreen. Good walking sneakers
Evening wear: Casual - Men- Docker's type pants or cargo pants with a polo type or hawaiian print jersey, casual shoe ( no sneaker's)

Ladies: Sundress or capris w/flat sandals, Docker's type pants
w/ nice top, casual skirt w/ nice top.
Formal-Men - dark suit or suit separates, dress shirt, tie, dress shoes
Ladies- long dress - keep it simple and elegant, or a long skirt
with a dressy blouse-with a bit of sparkle.
Dressy cocktail dress or a dressy pantsuit.

maho May 7th, 2004 09:53 AM

1/2 of what you think you need

except for underwear :)
that you can take the full load

Sea Trekker May 8th, 2004 02:17 PM

Hi,
A great web site is www.onebag.com
also, take half the clothing and twice as much money. LOL