Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Price dropped again, do I call TA?

Two weeks ago I called our TA when the price of our cruise dropped $30 pp. She said Carnival was giving us a total of $60 shipboard credit but it was a "one time deal." TA said if the price dropped even more that was just our too bad.

Now I see the price is another $30 lower/pp. Do I call TA again and ask her to please call Carnival and try some more as I've read people can receive credits for each and every time the price drops?

What would you recommend?
Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Price dropped again, do I call TA?

you need to read the fine print on the price drop. It could very well be a one-time deal, or for new bookings only, if either is the case then you have already gotten that deal. It also depends upon what kind of deal your TA got you in the first place, you could be better off than you think.
Old May 6th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Admiral

Never hurts to call and check.
Jim

Old May 7th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

Just giving an update--I stopped into the TA's office today to ask a couple questions and while I was there I mentioned I had seen the price drop again on the internet. The TA remembered that we'd been told the previous shipboard credit was a "one time deal" according to the Carnival rep but said she'd give it another try. I sat at her desk while she called Carnival, all sugary sweet, etc. The end result go us another $50 shipboard credit!! Whoo-hoo! I'm so glad I asked about it! It payed off! I told the TA I truly wasn't trying to be a pain and take Carnival for every penny, but if we're deserving of a credit then by all means I feel I should ask for it.
Old May 7th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Admiral

that's great! don't you just love the way that your TA knows how to make it all work ?
Old May 10th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

If you don't get anywhere asking your TA, call the cruise line directly...act sweet and dumb. Even if they won't give you credit, they might surprise you with a free upgrade when you board.