Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Beginner

Default Kids dining options

My kids, ages 12 and 14, will be going on cruise with us next week. This will be the first cruise for all of us.

What are their dining options? Can they choose not to eat in the dinning room with us and eat in a Teen area? Will these areas offer seafood and other things than the traditional chicken nuggets and small pizzas?

They dont want to have to "dress up" while on this cruise. They are thrilled about going. I would just as soon make them happy about this as well.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to eclipsegtf10mch Send a message via MSN to eclipsegtf10mch
Default Re: Kids dining options

i know on carnival, they offer kids menus in the dining room, as well as have a 24/7 pizza place, a buffet on lido deck, and a grille...plus more depending which ship. they don't have to eat in the dining room....and then there's always room service, too.
Old May 13th, 2004, 03:38 PM
AR

It would be very helpful to have a clue about what cruise line and what itinerary you will be taking.
Old May 13th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Kids dining options

We are going on Soverign of the Seas for a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas.
Old May 13th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Other than formal night they really wouldn't have to get too dressed up. My son wore his khakis and a short sleeve shirt with a collar and the girls wore sundresses. We found the food in the dining room was better than the buffet. All of my kids went to formal night and loved the meal. We bought the pictures they took of the family that night all dressed up. Made a great souvenir.
Old May 13th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Since your cruise is only 3 nights, try to talk the kids into going to dinner with you. It's a good experience for them! My boys ended up loving the dining room. I have an extremely picky eater (he was 14 on the last cruise). Once he believed me that if he didn't like something he didn't have to eat it and could order something else, he got adventurous and tried things I couldn't believe. He discovered that he loves soups. I couldn't get him to TRY soups at home. The waiter was wonderful about asking him what he DID like (chicken, plain pasta, plain salad, ice cream) and he always made sure that those things were available in the kitchen if my son couldn't find something on the menu he liked. Oh, and strawberries with whipped cream. He brought my son a fancy dish of fresh strawberries and cream every night for an appetizer! Just don't be afraid to ask for what your kids like... and assure them that they don't have to eat anything they don't like. Oh, I also told each of them that they didn't have to stay the entire dinner. My youngest left the dining room early every night to go to bed! After being so busy all day he couldn't stay awake until 10:00 (we had late seating).