Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 15th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Gibsolo

Default Cruise Deals

We have either made our reservations through AAA or directly with Royal Caribbean. Has anyone used any of the internet sites to book their cruise and what was your experience. Who do you think has the best realiable rates?
Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Cruise Deals

I just booked 2 with Crusie values their prices were WWAY less than AAA or RCCL...They are very nice and help out alot

Carnival Celebration 94
Carnival Fantsy 96
Old May 15th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Admiral

Most TA's are pretty good and no one TA will always be able to provide you with the lowest price and best service all tyhe time. Just make sure your agent is CLIA and authorized to sell travel in all 50 states and they should specialize in cruises and be either a MCC or ACC. The people that advertise here on Cruisemates all fit that bill. I cannot and will not recommend any one over the other as that is not only against the rules of posting here, but is unfair to the others that also provide equally great service.
Jim

Old May 15th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Andee

We found making memories travel to offer an excellent combination of low price and good service.
Old May 15th, 2004, 08:55 PM
Admiral

Definitely use an online TA if you know what you want and when you want to go!
Saves lots of money....I booked with a local TA during a cruise travel show last week and found the price 188 cheaper online thru cruisevalue. They are the cheapest I found after booking with the other TA so I told them to beat that price and they told me they could meet it which wasn't too bad considering they are local here in town.
I also get 3 coupon booklets thru the TA too for the cruise....not sure what is in it but any savings would be nice.

My last cruise (march 2004) we cruised on the Carnival Inspiration and lowest price we found for that particular cruise was bestpricecruises online. We got our docs about 4 wks prior to sailing and everything was so smooth that I'd use them again. But this time their price for our next cruise was higher then the local TA.

So I guess it all depends upon what ship you are sailing on and what date you are going......

Old May 15th, 2004, 11:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have been booking cruises for years on the internet. I took someone's advice from the internet and this year used Kim's Kruises. She has the best price we have ever found.
************** edited by moderator

good luck

93 Seaward
94 Zenith
95 Cunard, Sagaford
98 Destiny
99 Zanndam
00 Regal Princess
00 Grand Princess
01 Millie
02 Grand Princess

Old May 28th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Beginner

I've used Rod's Custom Travel. I cruise frequently and find his prices and service to be fantastic. Rod monitors prices and adjusts without me having to call. TOP NOTCH!!

***edited by moderator to remove phone # and e mail address***
Old June 2nd, 2004, 10:32 AM
MeAGNL8agn

Used Orbitz.com in May 04. Booked a cruise for 4 to the Bahamas for 4 nights for $1,700. This was for 2 rooms and included insurance and all taxes/portcharges. The actual cruise was $280 each for my husband and I and $230 each for his mother and our neice (age 18). We booked on line only 2 1/2 weeks before sailing and was able to get rooms side by side, mid ship on the Main deck, class 6B. We did not need air fare as my mother in law won't fly and we were driving down for neices high school graduation anyhow.

We had no problems!! It was fast and easy. You could actually pick out the rooms from a diagram of the deck. I tried calling Carnival direct, since we were first time cruisers and I wasn't sure what I was doing, but they couldn't give me the good price, nor could they get the rooms side by side. They said the rooms Orbitz was showing me was for 3 people and all they could book me was at the back end of the boat.---so I went back to Orbitz and booked it myself.

Travel documentation arrived by regular mail about 4 days later--couldn't have asked for a smoother transaction. I was very pleased and would book with them again.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 08:34 PM
Admiral

Our past 2 cruises we've found the cheapest rates on bestpricecruises.com
This time we booked thru vacationstogo.com and the rep we have is great.