CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   what to do when it rains (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/243719-what-do-when-rains.html)

Sommer June 7th, 2004 11:00 AM

what to do when it rains

I am leaving for a cruise this Saturday. The ship's name is the Triumph. The problem is that it is supose to rain the whole time. Is it still possible to have a good time even in the rain.

sommer

johnt June 7th, 2004 11:19 AM

Re: what to do when it rains

Our first cruise was to Alaska in July of 1996.
It rained every day by one. We still went on every excursion and had a GREAT time.
After 15 cruises we still think of this as being our best cruise.
Don't worry - You'll have a wonderful time no matter what the weather.

Dorothy June 7th, 2004 01:00 PM

Yes, because the ship activities will go on rain or shine! I suppose if you are a serious pool person you might be a little disappointed, but the ships have a lot going on. Have fun!

dorothy

Donna June 7th, 2004 02:17 PM

Even though rain is in the forcast, doesn't mean it will rain the entire day, so think positive and plan some excursions and hope the rain doesn't interfere with all your plans.

anitakennedy June 7th, 2004 02:18 PM

Re: Re: what to do when it rains

Bring a poncho so you won't get drenched and go about your business having fun.

teach June 7th, 2004 04:24 PM

Re: Re: Re: what to do when it rains

On my last cruise, it was forecasted to rain every day as well. It never rained at all! So, don't get discouraged about that possibility. It might not happen. There are always other things to do when it is raining. Enjoy!! :-)

jamiegunter June 7th, 2004 04:45 PM

It said rain every day when I looked for our cruise back in April. It only rained once and it was short. The rain will probally be short and then get sunny again. Dont worry. It was cloudy alot on our cruise.

JLKoag June 7th, 2004 05:54 PM

You WILL enjoy it.

What I like is going out on deck in various weather conditions and experiencing the ocean conditions. It is especially great to go out on a sunny day after a day of clouds and/or rain.

I think it would be boring if the weather were the same each day. Also, as others have said, the ship's activities go on. Again ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!!!

bigsky June 7th, 2004 06:37 PM

Raining in the Caribbean is different than home too. It will still be warm. It usually passes pretty quickly too from what we've encountered. Rain will not put a damper on your fun!
Funny, we were in Barbados one time. Just enjoying ourselves in the water. It began to rain and everyone started running for cover! Strange!

Have fun!!

Debbie Nelson June 7th, 2004 06:48 PM

I wonder if it is like Hawaii. If you look at the forcast, it says rain everyday in Maui and especially in Kauai. At both islands, there was rain at night and early in the morning, but the good part of the day was always clear. I think tropical weather is like that.

Linda Y June 7th, 2004 11:06 PM

Rain or shine, you will still have lots of opportunities to have a great time! On my last Alaska cruise, we had some rain most of the time, but it was a fantastic cruise. There are always more things that you can do on a cruise that time to do them all. As someone else mentioned, rain in the forecast doesn't mean it will rain all day either. The sea winds can bring quick changes in the weather and usually when the sky clears, it is gorgeous!

cruisingkandJ June 8th, 2004 01:05 AM

I agree with all that's been said. You don't say what the ports are, but there might be indoor types of things that are interesting as well, such as a small museum, or something.

What I remember about rain in Hawaii was that it didn't stop anyone from doing anything. The rain was so gentle, it was warm, and it was over quickly.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise!

J.