Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2004, 11:14 AM
First Mate

Default free-style dining option

Is seating with free-style lines like open seating for breakfast/lunch on Carnival or RCI? In other words, do you get seated with other guests arriving at the same time or does each party get seated by themselves? Personally I have always enjoyed the 5:45 or 6:15 stampede to the dining room! ;-) Just curious as I am considering Princess and NCL for Fall 2005.

Thanks everyone.

Glenn

Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: free-style dining option

On Princess in the personal choice dining room, you will be asked if you would like to sit at a table with others. If you prefer a table for 2 (or 4 or whatever), you can specify. You can request a table in a certain waiter's section if you find a waiter you like. We never had to wait over 5 - 10 minutes. You can also make reservations. We loved personal choice dining so much that we let it be the deciding factor when we were debating HAL or Princess for our upcoming cruise.

Carnival Inspiration
Old June 12th, 2004, 12:10 PM
Parrot Mom

Default Re: free-style dining option

On NCL y ou can request sitting by yourself or a large table..which ever you prefer..ALSO, you don't have to do freestyle...what you can do is tell the maitre de you prefer a regular seating time. One thing is for sure when we board our Majesty tomorrow I'm going to look for my favorite waiter and if he's still there request him at all times...