Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Passenger

Default fat free food???

I am leaving on my cruise in one week and I just found out that I have a gallstone. Very painful if you eat fat. They told me to stay away from it. I am going to have surgery after I return home. Do they have a no fat menu or any no fat deserts?????
Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: fat free food???

Absolutely... just ask your waiter and/or the M'd. The menu might even tell you which items are low fat/fat free. Stick with plain foods, in other words avoid sauces. Ask for mixed berries, even if they aren't on the menu, for desert. Get your salads without dressing or ask for a shrimp cocktail for each night's appetizer. You can ALWAYS get baked chicken and a baked potato... just ask. I know they often have fat free ice cream, too. Just don't be shy about telling them what you need. Your waiter will bend over backwards to help you.

Sorry you're not feeling well and hope you enjoy your cruise. On a positive note, bet you don't gain any weight on this vacation!
Old June 25th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Donalee

Default Re: fat free food???

I would talk to the waiter or matre d and request steamed vegetables with your meals. You can get sherbert or fruit for dessert. For breakfast you could order cold cereal and make a special request for nonfat milk. The breakfast buffet usually has hard boiled eggs or oatmeal, both low in fat. You may find pasta with marinara sauce on the menu, see if they will prepare it every day for you. Cruise ships usually have a lot of fish on the menu, see if you can get broiled or steamed fish. I'm on a lowfat diet, but it is very difficult to maintain on the cruise. Entrees are loaded with fat and sauces are usually made with cream and butter. All of the desserts have fat except for fruit, sherbert or jello. Take care.