Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2004, 11:30 PM
First Mate

Default Kelly Method - Is This A Good Or Bad Cabin?

First, I am a new cruiser, first cruise will be Carnival Inspiration on 8/15. I booked guarantee category 4A (inside stateroom). I just did the Kelly method and received the
'we are sorry your order cannot be placed for a guarantee room". Different message
from all the other rooms, so I'm assuming this is my room number. The room number was R32, which is oceanview. I hope this is truly my room, I would LOVE
to have a window. The room is the bottom deck and is WAY up toward the front of the ship. Is this a good room? I read on another board, that if you are near the anchor, it sounds like a train going through your room when they drop it. Is the anchor at the front or back on this ship?
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2004, 10:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Kelly Method - Is This A Good Or Bad Cabin?

There are anchors at both ends. In the bow, you'll feel more motion if you run into some rough seas, but I don't think you'll hear any anchor chains dropping. The Inspiration isn't one of the new breed of too-big-to-fit-through-the-Panama-Canal mega-ships, so it will probably be able to pull up to the dock in the ports of call, rather than drop anchor and ferry passengers ashore by tender. (Although there are a few dockless ports, like Grand Cayman, where all ships have to anchor.)

What you WILL hear up in the bow on port days is the whine of winches and bow thrusters-- those small side-facing propellers used for docking that allow modern passenger ships to maneuver nimbly without the aid of a tugboat. The noise is like a cross between a giant garage-door opener and a nearby jet takeoff-- an early-morning alarm clock that's as impossible to ignore as it is to shut off. But you want to be up bright 'n' early to make the most of that port day!!!-- right?

Enjoy!
Old July 31st, 2004, 02:56 PM
Passenger

What is this Kelly method and why would they upgrade someone from an inside to an oceanview room. I just paid good money for a balcony. Does this mean I could of booked an oceanview and got upgraded to a balcony.
Old July 31st, 2004, 03:20 PM
Admiral

You *could* get an upgrade, but the sage advise on these boards is to ALWAYS book the cabin you really want and then get excited if you are upgraded to something better.

I booked a 6A oceanview and will be perfectly happy with it, but......the Kelly method tells me that, for now, I have been upgraded to a balcony. Even better!

The Kelly method (I know it works on the Carnival website - don't know about others) is to try, using your booking number, to send a gift to a cabin. You have to laboriously sit and type in cabin numbers, so it takes forever.

dorothy

CarnivalSensation February 2015
Carnival Dream November 2015

Carnival Fascination April 2014
Carnival Elation March 2011
Carnival Imagination Sept 2007
Carnival Sensation Dec 2006
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 2006
Carnival Miracle Sept 2005
Carnival Glory Sept 2004
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2004
Old August 13th, 2004, 01:18 PM
danny

hello Kelly,

Well I have a friend there in this ship for working for 4 months.But I couldnt have got any news from her more than 3 weeks actually..Her name is Sarolta Aschin,from Hungary....

So if you are in that ship and could seek for her, just to ask how she has been or is she fine or not , I would be glad...

My name is Danny...I think what shes doing there is to clean the guestrooms...

Thanks in advance