Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2004, 12:42 PM
Passenger

Default Parking during your cruise, New Orleans Port

We will be leaving from New Orleans on Grandeur Dec 11. Where do you park? If you get a hotel the night before can you park there all week? Any recommended CHEAP hotels (Would rather spend my money in the caribbean!!!) How much to park?

We are close enough to drive down same day (6-7hours), but if we can board early?? (we depart at 5) we might get there the day before so we can board about 11?? from what I have read here.

Can you tell I'm new at this and confused?

Any and all experience and advice please!
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2004, 01:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Parking during your cruise, New Orleans Port

New Orleans was the most expenisve port I have been to as far as parking prices go. I believe it is $12 a day. There is a hertz parking garage about 2 blocks from the terminal. You can howerver drop off your family / luggage at the terminal before you park. Most cruise lines start letting you get on board about noon. Give yourself at least 90 min to get into the terminal and park, traffic was a nightmare trying to get into the port area.
Old August 3rd, 2004, 03:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Luvjoy1948

Cru: I sailed out of New Orleans in April - I stayed in Metarie at the La Qunita - then drove to the port the next morning - Had no problems getting there and didn't take that long - I let the luggage and my Mother off at the terminal and I drove around 2 blocks at parked my car right up front for $10.00 a day. Paid up front. We got to the terminal around 11:30 and we were on the ship and in our rooms and ready for lunch before 1:00. Have a great time. Toni
Old August 9th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Yeoman

We used Priceline to get rooms. We had rooms at the Sheraton and the Radisson on Canal street (party of 8). Nothing about N.O. is cheap.We spent more $$ on our 3 day stay in New ORleans then we did on a 7 day cruise! (I'll take a $4 beer on a cruise ship over a $7 beer on Bourbon St. anyday!) We used valet parking at the port as the nearby parking was full at 11am. and the valet parking was offered at no additional charge. It was $10/day, and our car was brought to us promptly upon debarkation.
Old August 9th, 2004, 11:58 PM
Admiral

Cru..we booked the Maison St Charles on st charles street..if you park at the port it is 12.00 a day = 84.00...The Maison st Charles has a cruise package..for 137.00 we got one night and park all week..they take you to the port in a LIMO and drop you and your luggage off..you will have to take a taxi back..7.00 pp...plus you get in the pkg..2 free drinks at the hotel bar.this is how it breaks down. Hotel room..14.00 to park the first night(all valet) 5.00 a day=35.00..not a bad deal IMO..the St charles streetcar stops right in front of the hotel and will take you to the Gardens at one end and the French Quarters at the other end. Hope that helps out.

Old August 10th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Carmon

That's great! Thanks for the info.