Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Passenger

Default CCD Cruise Centre Direct, Inc. Cruise for Two Certificate

Has anyone used this before. I got this one from a Car Dealership. It's only good for two and I have a family of six. They said we can book the rest with them at "Carnival's current published brochure rate." What's this rate? Should I even waste my 20 dollar activation fee to send it in. Please help if you are familiar with this voucher. Thank you in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Admiral

Default Re: CCD Cruise Centre Direct, Inc. Cruise for Two Certificat

Throw it in the trash where it belongs. We get them all the time from so many differant sources. It's a rip-off. If they give you free tickets and it is plainly stated that it includes all fees, taxes, and there is absolutely no money you need to sail, then look into it and call CCL about it, otherwise, trash it. Occasionally some dealers actually do buy tickets for you if you buy a car from them but you better believe they figure that into the price. <G>
Jim

Old July 6th, 2005, 09:08 PM
slangner

I got this certificate too. Where are you located? I'm just north of Houston.

Please let me know if you receive any information about this company. I've searched the Internet and can't find anything but their website at http://cruisecentredirect.com/

It would be nice to have some reviews from someone who has actually gone on this cruise!

(remove NOSPAM from email address)

;-)
slangner
Old July 7th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

The web site look legitimate, but I do not know how this dealership is using the coupons. Here is a phone number for the company 1-800-609-4433

Old July 7th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I would give the company a call and investigate this a bit further. I wouldn't expect to get the fanciest cabin, have your choice of any sailing, or a seven day cruise. But it is worth a bit more investigation. The website does show that the cruises are 4 or 5 day cruises to Cozumel, Bahamas or Key West.

Once you found out what ship and date you would be sailing there is nothing stopping you from booking the rest of your group with another agent giving you the lowest price available.

This is if this company sounds legitimate and that you are paying no more than the activation fee and perhaps the $50 additional tax. Otherwise forget it. If they are going to hit you with port charges and additional charges it isn't worth it.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 7th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Admiral

the key thing you said was that you could book additiional cabins at the current brochure rates, well brochure rates are the highest rates that you will pay. No one in their right mind pays brochure rates for a cruise. Do a little more digging, read the fine print, find out exactly what you will and will not be getting.