Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 8th, 2004, 02:34 AM
Beginner

Default Forward Cabin

We are going on the Jewel of the Seas for the 8 night Caribbean on December 18th. We are taking our two children ages 8 and 10. This is our second cruise, but first for the children. DH and I wanted a Balcony cabin. We also needed a cabin across the hall for the children. On the Jewel all the inside cabins are forward so we got the cabins on Deck 10 about 4 from the front. How bad will the motion really be? I understand mid ship or aft is better, but it wasn't an option.

None of us get seasick. Will we be ok?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2004, 06:31 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Forward Cabin

I do not believe you will feel too much motion on this ship. If you are leary of becoming seasick, there are many methods for avoiding it....such as the wrist band or taking an over-the-counter medication to prevent it. If you really want mid-ship, there are inside cabins mid-ship on some of the other decks (decks 7,8 and 9 and lower).

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old August 8th, 2004, 12:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

I don't think on that new of a ship it's gonna be a problem. We were one balcony from the front on the Star and had no problem at all. However, on the Ecstasy, I was the furthest front cabin and did feel more motion on some nights.

I think you will be fine, especially 'cause you are not even prone to motion sickness (I still get car sick to this day)

Hope that helps.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old August 8th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Keep in mind you may hear the anchor in the early morning, that happened to us once, at first we had not idea what that noise was, but you'll only encounter it if you are not docking, so hopefully it will not be a problem.

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 8th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Beginner

Thank you for your comments. By the time we booked, the only thing available for what we were looking for was at the front of the ship. It will be interesting because the only other cruise we took was on Celebrity. It will be interesting to compare the two and more fun to have a balcony cabin
Old August 10th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Delores

We were in an outside stateroom on Deck 9 on the Regal Princess, 10th cabin back (E. Caribbean). We experienced rough seas returning to Ft. Lauderdale from the Bahamas. We had to go downstairs for several hours & wait until dinner time. There were lots of people sick that night. But maybe this newer ship will take the seas better. You can always get some Bonine on the ship. We always take it just in case.