Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2004, 07:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default should we worry?

We are booked on the Norwegian Dream for November. I have read so many negative reports about the Dream on these boards. And now I read that she will be in dry dock startig the last of September. Is the ship as bad as they say it is? We have always believed there is no such thing as a bad cruise. But I am starting to get a little concerned. Also, does anybody know how long it will be in drydock?Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: should we worry?

Maze,

My parents just got off the Dream in July, having done the 12-night Baltic cruise. This was their second time on the ship, so that should tell you one thing.

The only negative feedback I heard from them was that the balcony cabin was too small for their taste and they had to pester the maitre'd to give them a better table for 2 (the others were too close to the galley).

To offer you some background, my parents' second cruise was on HAL's Statendam, in which they had a suite. HAL's suites are *very* large. Plus, as a rule, my parents always book a suite, so a standard balcony on *any* line was going to feel small to them.

On the table for 2, we had the same problem on the Norwegian Sky (now Pride of Aloha) ... for some reason, about 7 tables for 2 are lined up against the primary walkway to the kitchen. How my Dad handled it was scope out the dining room, and informed the maitre'd that they wished to have this specific table for the remainder of teh cruise. The maitre'd was able to accommodate them.

Hope this all helps ease your mind.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!