Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2004, 06:29 PM
slinkiecat

Default Beauty Shop onboard

I'm going to be at sea over a 112 day cruise and know my hairdo will have to be refreshed a few times to stay looking presentable. Has anyone had the occasion to use the hair salon on a cruise? If so, how is the quality of service, the cost, competency of stylists, etc.? I appreciate any input.

slinkie

Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dawhiner
Default Re: Beauty Shop onboard

112 day cruise?!?

Enchantment of the Seas
Old August 12th, 2004, 06:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

Can I go????

I have used most of the services provided by the Stiener Spa company, and the only one I would never use again are the nail services - just don't do it as well as on land. I have even had a hair color and cut and loved it. My guess is that since HAL is a Carnival line, they use the same company.

Hope this helped.

Jodi

Old August 12th, 2004, 09:28 AM
slinkiecat

Default Re: Re: Beauty Shop onboard

Yes, 112 days - This is a Round the World HAL cruise on the Prinsendam. I wish there were some boards on long cruises, because it's all different when you are away for months instead of days.

Slinkie

Old August 12th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dawhiner

Different or not... wow. I'm making a mental note to look into that somewhere in the future. Not that I could afford it!

Enchantment of the Seas
Old August 12th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Admiral

Holy cow! I hope you get your question answered more thoroughly. I think the thought of a 112 day cruise has just so floored many of us that we lost our concentration!

I have actually been wondering how the hair stylist are onboard. I am thinking of having my hair "put up" for formal night and was wondering about the cost, etc.

Enjoy!!!

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old August 13th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Gerif

Just before our cruise on Celebrity two years ago, I had gotten a really bad haircut - my hairdresser said she wasn't feeling well when I complained (one side was an inch shorter than the other). In any event, I felt I had to do something on the cruise, so I went for a haircut. The hairdresser was a young gal from Northern Ireland with various colors of spiky hair pointing in all directions. She slashed at my hair with open shears - uh, oh! Later, I realized that I had gotten the absolute best haircut I had ever received! Still haven't found anyone who could compare - wish I could have taken her home with me! While I did succumb to some beauty products, the cut itself was only about $30 plus tip.
Old August 13th, 2004, 04:56 PM
slinkiecat

Thanks all! Gerif, I'm glad to hear you were pleased. My color and cut have to be redone about every five weeks, so even leaving home with a fresh do, I'm expecting to need several trips to the spa just for my hair. I'm not about to try to find a stylist in any port, so onboard is the best I can do.

slinkie

Old August 18th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Admiral

I have used the ladies from Steiner to style my hair for formal nights and have been very pleased. Talk to the salon manager tell her what you are looking for and she will find a stylist who will suit your needs.
Old August 18th, 2004, 02:15 PM
venice

wow, a 112 day cruise..how does one prepare one's self for this?..is it broken up with long periods of time in one port etc ??? I would be afraid of cruise overdose ?? Is there such a thing as too much of a good thing ?

I think every poster's fantasy is to be able to take your trip but I don't think if presented with the opportunity, we would be afraid to actually do it

have fun
Old August 18th, 2004, 08:29 PM
slinkiecat

Default Re: Re: Beauty Shop onboard

Here is a link to our itinerary:

http://book.cruise-pros.com/travel/c...neraryID=27149

If you click on this, you can scroll down rhrough the whole trip and see the stops.

Really, it will be like a new home with changing scenery each day to check out, except for the sea days of 3-4 in a row at times, which we can use for socializing, catching up on email and checking out all the ship's services and of course, getting my hair done for formal nights and keeping it trimmed, colored and curled on schedule.

slinkie
Old August 20th, 2004, 07:53 PM
slinkiecat

Default Re: Re: Re: Beauty Shop onboard

Oh, dear - I see that isn't a clickable link. It does work if you copy and paste it into your browser window, though. I just tried it.

slinkie

Old August 21st, 2004, 10:03 AM
Passenger

I am impressed! I imagine with long cruising, you develop a routine and more or less go back to your own personal habits, just like at home. Sure would be interesting. BTW, I have found that cruise ship cuts and styles are really very professional. I guess the personnel are so used to working with all styles, colors, hair types, etc.--that they're really good at what they do. They aren't cheap, but cruising isn't, either. Ah, but what fun it is! Have a great time.