Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 12th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Marina

Default Is an 11:50 flight home (San Juan airport)?

Hi. Is an 11:50 flight too early leaving San Juan after the Golden (Sunday morning after the cruise)? I have never been to San Juan airport before.

Also, is it hard to get a table for 2 on Princess? (we like the late seating)

Thanks for any advice,
Marina
Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2004, 05:22 PM
trish1c

Default Re: Is an 11:50 flight home (San Juan airport)?

I have never sailed Princess but I would guess that if you have personal choice dining, a table for 2 shouldn't be hard to come by.

SJU is a growing AP. It is extremely over burdened on Sundays. Assuming you get there on time there is a VERY REAL possiblity that you will miss your flight b/c you can't get through TSA fast enough. They only have about 2 scanners for 5 cruise ships full of people. I have read posts about people making early flights with time to spare. What's your level of risk tolerance?
Old August 13th, 2004, 09:28 AM
Whiteknight

An 11:50 flight is a slam-dunk; no problem!
Old August 18th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Admiral

All depends upon what time your ship gets into port and is cleared for disembarkation. San Juan airport is a total zooey mess on Sundays! all the cruise ship passengers are doing the same thing you are, trying to get home. I seriously doubt that 11:50 am is doable. Seriously think about changing your flight.
Old August 18th, 2004, 03:16 PM
venice

do you have an option for a later flight ? post 9/11 causes major problems at airport check in
Old August 18th, 2004, 10:51 PM
Whiteknight

It seems you've received a wide variety of opinions. I suppose you're just going to have to make a decision you feel meets your needs. I don't know if anyone has ever missed an 11:50 flight. I know that I have been to San Juan 3 times since the infamous 9/11, and I've always been at the airport by 10:20 AM for my flight out and I've always been at the gate waiting for my flight by 11:00 AM. Use your own judgement.
Old August 20th, 2004, 06:50 PM
hostess

we also have an 11:50 flight, Can you give me any insites on taxi's? I have heard bad things about them, but I don't want to bus it with all those people. Please help?
Old August 21st, 2004, 03:49 PM
trish1c

If you have an 11:50 flight out DO NOT take the ship's transfer. You will miss your plane for sure. Be one of the first off the ship, keep your fingers crossed & pray TSA is on it's toes that day. Assuming you make it to port on time, TSA will be your biggest hold up.
Old August 22nd, 2004, 03:35 PM
Whiteknight

I agree that you should take a cab to the airport. There will be hundreds of cabs lined up to take people to the airport and it will be a 20 minute drive on Sunday morning and the cost is $20 plus tip. The only traffic will be at the port. Everyone else will be in church. San Juan is a very religious city. I still say you have nothing to worry about.