Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 20th, 2004, 05:53 PM
hostess

Default san juan taxi to ship

we are on aos in sept. I am planning on taking a taxi from airport to ship, but have heard a few scary stories about their experiences, Can you please help??? Should I take transfer from cruiseline, I just hate waiting for all the buses to fill up before you can go> HELP, Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 20th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: san juan taxi to ship

We always take a cab from the airport to the pier, they have set prices and after you pick up your luggage, go to the taxi stand inside the airport and they will fill out a paper for you with the price. The price will depend on how much luggage you have, then you go out and get in line for a taxi....its usually around $20, plus tip and takes about half an hour depending on traffic, have never had a problem.

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 21st, 2004, 12:43 PM
Whiteknight

There's another option besides buses and cabs. There's a limo service desk located near the American Airlines terminal. I went with 2 other couples off other flights in style for less than the cost of a cab. They also operate vans from that limo desk which can carry several families for less than a cab.
Old August 21st, 2004, 02:46 PM
trish1c

The San Juan cabs are regulated. You get in a line. Someone hands you a slip of paper w/ your detination & the price for everything -- people & bags -- except tips. Off you go. No horrors other than the length of the line at the AP. The buses actually filled up faster & those people were able to wait sitting in AC rather than standing in the heat. It's your choice.
Old August 21st, 2004, 09:37 PM
Admiral

As the others have said, you get a regulated price of $20 last time we did it last year plus tip. The only thing scary is that they drive like Tijuana Taxies there!
Jim