Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 21st, 2004, 10:43 PM
BoozeBabe

Default Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver???

Just got our docs today and found out we will be transported from Sea/Tac to the ship. Our TA didn't mention a thing about NOT flying into Vancouver. Our group is quite upset
with this situation. I'll call the TA on Monday but I doubt anything can be done.

The journey is 163 miles. I can't believe RCI would put us on a bus or whatever they plan on. It doesn't indicate which mode of transportation they will use, BUT it IS NOT a plane.

A few years ago we booked our own air and went to Sea/Tac and drove to Vancouver but we did it the day before. This time we arrive at Sea/Tac at 10:47 a.m. They indicate the trip to Vancouver is 4 hours. IT WORRIES ME that we may miss the shuttle or bus or whatever. Allowing for time to claim our luggage etc. I think it is cutting it very close. Not to mention we could miss the ship. We are sailing on the Serenade to Hawaii.

Has anyone made this trek? ANY ADVICE??? HELP ME PLEASE
Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2004, 12:35 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver???

we have gone from vanc to seattle by once on more then one occassion but it was before 9/11----------------there can be delays at the border ----the only good news is that if you are using cruise booked transportation --ie bus and then plane to your final destination the cruise lline is responsible for getting you home - but that doesnt mean much if you are standing in lline waiting to talk to a cruise rep at the airport or bus terminal --- hope everything works out ok for you

Old August 22nd, 2004, 12:58 PM
Admiral

If it is transportation provided to you by the cruiseline as part of your package then they will hold the ship if you are delayed. This is not true if you arrange private transportation. Frankly if it were me and I arrived on time I would take the Amtrak. Beautiful trainride.
Jim

Old August 22nd, 2004, 07:53 PM
Yeoman

boozebabe
sorry but i answered your question in reverse-----------since its a cruise line bus and there is a delay they will hold the ship for you-so sit back and enjoy the ride

Old August 22nd, 2004, 08:39 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver???

Boozebabe

Sorry to here about your travel arrangements. We are going on the Serenade also on September 26th. We are flying in to Vancover from Portland , Oregon after visiting our son which we have not seen for over a year. I am worried about getting to the ship on time because I made my own transportation. I hope it isn't to much of an inconvience for you and your friends.
Old August 25th, 2004, 08:27 AM
daffomom

don't sweat the bus trip..the scenery is wonderful (so my husband said as I slept)..we went to Alaska out of Seattle, but our ship came in to Vancouver, so we had to get back to Seattle..we made our own travel arrangements, & it was so much cheaper to fly round trip to Seattle..well..guess when our cruise was? Sept 22, 2001...yeah..11 days after 9/11. We had no trouble with the border...there is a shuttle service from the port in Vancouver to the airport in Seattle..Quick Shuttle I think...but you will most likely be on a chartered bus. Either way, it was faster than private cars were going thru. The trip was less than 4 hours..I think it was less than 3 actually...

don't worry about it, but I don't blame you for being a bit upset that you are not flying right in to Vancouver, when you thought that was what you paid for.