Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2004, 05:42 AM
Passenger

Default Magen's Bay in St. Thomas

Hi,
I'm am looking at the Magen's Bay excursion in St. Thomas and was wondering if anyone did this by taxi rather then bus or van as discribed in the RCCL documents. Look forward to your advise! 13 days til my ship departs. Yahooooo

Chet
Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Magen's Bay in St. Thomas

Hi Chet,
Yes, we just took a taxi there, no problem. Once you get off the ship, the taxi's are right there and there are plenty to take you back, must easier than doing an excursion.

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 28th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

We went to Maegan's Bay via our tour with Godfrey. Do a search on these boards for Godfrey's tour in St Thomas and you'll find tons of info. He's an excellent, independent tour guide that gives you a lot of bang for your buck!
Old August 29th, 2004, 07:32 AM
First Mate

Agree with Donna, just take a taxi. There will be plenty waiting at Magen's Bay when
you are ready to return to the ship. Magen's is beautiful. You might want to consider
taking a tram to the top of Paradise Point. The view is breathtaking. The taxi could
drop you off there, take the tram to the top, and when you are finished take the tram
back down. You are less than a 10 minute walk back to the ship. Just a suggestion.
Happy Sailing..................
Old August 29th, 2004, 10:00 PM
BoozeBabe

Have done it several times. Taxis lined up just waiting for tourists. We shared a taxi with another couple and it cost us $6 per person for taxi fare and another $3 (I think?) per person to get into Megans Bay. The driver asks what time you want to return and they come back and get you. They have never left us stranded. But in case they do, there are plenty taxis to take you back. Just be sure to allow enough time. You need to be back on ship about one hour before it sails. We go to Megans Bay first then back to the ship & change then go to town to shop with plenty time.

By the way we hardly ever book tours on the ship. After our first 2 cruises I felt we were savvy enough to try it on our own. Our first was to Megans Bay. St Maarten is another place to venture out on your own. We rented a car on our first visit there and drove all the way around the whole island and stopped at the beaches etc. that look to our liking. If I remember correctly the car & gas was cheaper than for one person to take an excursion to Orient Beach thru the cruise line. AND we got to see the whole island.
Old August 30th, 2004, 04:27 AM
Passenger

thanks a bunch for the info and suggetions.