Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Beginner

Default How to get from EWR to port in NYC?

We just booked a last minute (in 2 weeks) cruise out of New York. While we have cruised before, always out of other places. This is a first for New York. We will fly into Newark (EWR) and need to get to the cruise port. Taxis seems kind of expensive, over $50. Any thoughts on alternative ways to get there that are more reasonable? We each will have a large checked bag and a smaller carry on to get there. Both healthy senior citizens but not super musclebound. Thanks in advance for any and all assistance!
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2004, 07:40 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: How to get from EWR to port in NYC?

There are two other options - train or bus.

Frankly, the busses are the best bet. Tickets are about $11 per person and "kids" under 16 travel free. They take you to Penn Station which is about an $7.00 cab ride to the NYC pier. Busses leave on the hour and the trip takes about 45 minutes. In the Newark airport just ask anyone where the busses to NY City leave from. (they leave from the extreme south end of the terminal, the ticket window is just inside the terminal from where they leave).

Their is now a direct train from EWR to Penn Station, but it is almost as much for 2 people as a car service.

You cannot actually grab a taxi from Newark to NYC - you need to call a car service and the cost is closer to $65 after tip & tolls.