Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2004, 06:54 PM
First Mate

Default Carnival cabin 8 vs 11

First time poster here,
We are planning our third cruise (second on Carnival Destiny) and in June 2001 stayed in a cabin level 8A (balcony) since I have gotten what I believe is a great quote from Cruise Compete service the category 11 has reached an affordable budget of what we planned for a category 8.
Can you please tell me if you feel a larger balcony and room size is worth the price difference? We are husband & wife traveling with a 14 year old boy. We loved the balcony on level 8 with its two sit up plastic chairs.
Does the larger balcony size allow for a lounge chair?
Is there a service level difference? Check in process faster?
Is an 8 versus 11 cateogry really seem so much bigger? My son actually didn't mind the upper pull down and has no opinion.
i know everyone values things at a different level however opinions are welcome. It is so hard to judge a cabin from a wideangle photo.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2004, 07:52 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: Carnival cabin 8 vs 11

Hard to say, this is a value decision you have to make. I do like having the extra room, especially with 3 people. It makes your cabin more like a home rather than just a place to change clothes.

As to whether there is a service level difference, I am not sure. I suggest you ask on the Carnival board.