Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2004, 02:04 PM
ivan

Default Best Cruiseline

Who would you recomend as the best cruise line out there?
Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2004, 02:41 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Best Cruiseline

each person will have a different response for different reasons, depending upon their cruise ship experiences, its totally subjective
Old September 1st, 2004, 02:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Ivan,
Each different cruiseline tried to offer different things based on your needs, ages, etc. What works best for us so far has been Royal Caribbean, but thats just us....I love their service and additudes, not too stuffy and the staff is friendly and knowledgeable and at the same time, you can get to know them, thats not always the case on everyline.. I love their entertainment, food as well. They are great for cruising with kids/families and almost any ages, so we stick with those, but are always willing to give something else a try...

Whats your favorite?

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 1st, 2004, 05:02 PM
Admiral

You just cannot answer that with any real accuracy. The best you can do is try and fit the individual with the cruiseline that bests fits their lifestyle and demographics. One of the best ways to do this is to go to the ship review section here at Cruisemates and check out the "official" reviews written by Anne and the staff. That will give you the overall feel for the ship and who it should appeal to. After decieding what you think you may like check out the reader reviews and see what people have to say about it.
Jim

Old September 1st, 2004, 08:17 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Best Cruiseline

Just make sure when comparing cruiselines or quotes:
the quotes you are receiving include the extra port charges and taxe. Sometimes some include them and others don't and you have to figure out how close they really are.. That does make cruise shopping difficult, you'd like to compare apples to apples, etc. I used the Bargain finder service on the red toolbar above--it helps you remain anonymous and have quotes email to you. I put in my email I wanted not only online ability but wanted to deal with a "real peson" available by phone. Make sure also they are certified. In the scheme of the amount of money we spend, I'd rather have a warm body to phone any questions to or problems. Saving $50 from a large travel search engine may not be worth the hassles if you have a problem. Email me if you would like to know whom I just booked with today.
Old September 2nd, 2004, 09:47 AM
FodorsPeter

Default Re: Re: Re: Best Cruiseline

You mention to make sure they are certified. What do you mean by that and how do you tell?

Peter
Old September 2nd, 2004, 01:54 PM
Admiral

when looking into choosing a TA - make sure that they are ASTA (american society of travel agencies) certified