Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2004, 08:36 AM
clnscheffer

Default advice on 1st cruise

Hi!

My husband and I are looking into going on a cruise. Since it is our first we are thinking of doing the 4 night W. Caribbean on the Empress of the Sea. We are can't decide if we should do May, June or July.

Any advice?

Thanks a bunch and God Bless!
Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: advice on 1st cruise

We cruised the W. Carribean the end of April/begining of May 2004. Weather was great and we had smooth seas. It was hot but not too bad. If you cruise in June and July kids will be out of school so you might have more children on board then you would in May. This wouldn't bother me, but I know some people like to cruise when there are less children around.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old September 20th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Admiral

4 nighters are more for the party-hearty crowd. There will be more kids in the summer and it will be hotter. May would be my choice.
4 night cruises are just a "tease" you really don't get a true cruise ship experience in that short of a time.
Old September 20th, 2004, 03:44 PM
clnscheffer

Default Re: Re: advice on 1st cruise

I agree that 4 nights isn't enough but we don't have too much of a choice. We have 2 kids, 5 and 2 and we can't leave them for too long. By the time we do the pre stay and get back it will be almost a week. My parents are going to watch them and I don't know if they can last longer than that

Any comments on the Empress of the Seas? I have read some not so flatering things about it.

Thanks!
Old September 21st, 2004, 07:13 PM
Dan p

We will be on the Empress on a repo to San juan leaving Bayonne NJ on the 16 of October,I will give a true review when I get back home on the 26th.