Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 21st, 2004, 10:49 PM
Beginner

Default Traveling with electronics

hello all

I being a technophile have amassed a collection of electronic goodies. on my next cruise I am planning on taking my digital camera as well as one other camera, a laptop,
a photo printer (for 4x6s) and a video camera. my wife however is concerned that this might cause problems with airport security. I tend to beleive we'll be ok because on the last cruise we took 2 years ago,the only thing we didn't have is the laptop and the printer

Thanks all
Mark

Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2004, 06:14 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Traveling with electronics

On most airlines, you are allowed one carry-on piece of luggage and one other item. This other item could be a camera bag, or a laptop bag or the like. If you can fit all of your gadgets in those bags along with your clothes, there shouldn't be a problem. In my camera bag, I had two cameras, a CD player, a travel alarm clock and a cell phone. They wanted to look inside, but there was no other problems. But you should check the airline website you are traveling with to see what they allow.

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old September 22nd, 2004, 11:29 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: Traveling with electronics

I usally carry my valuable stuff in my carry-on since things can get stolen from luggage. However, I usually pack all the peripherals with my clothes because all the wall warts, extra drives, connectors, etc can get bulky and heavy.

I have never had a problem with security. However, if I were you I wouldn't bother taking the photo printer unless you want to give away prints on board. I usually just transfer all my digital pictures to my laptop.

I love my Sony laptop/camera combination. I can take the card right out of my camera and put it in my laptop and just select "move" pictures and it saves all my pictures to my hard disk and clears out the memory on the memory card at the same time and Im ready to go again.