If you scroll down to the bottom of this page you will see "Message Board Tricks" in there it will tell you how to do it. They are not usually difficult. My ship has sailed and come back again so I don't have one right now - until I book another cruise that is.
At the bottom of the last message on this thread, click on "My Profile". Then click Edit profile. Copy and paste the countdown example on the message board tricks. Change the dates and times for your cruise. If you have more problems, let us know.
For those of you who may be interested in a Countdown Clock and Picture I have added some info.
1. Go to the very bottom of this page, at the bottom you will (you'll) see "Message Board Tricks!" click on it, this gives you all the info you need but for some of us like me!!! It's not enough so I'll try to explain what I've learned.
2. On the message board tricks page you will see "COUNT DOWN CLOCK" below it you will see a link in red, highlight the entire link and right click, then select copy from the box, NOTE; your cursor / arrow must be on the highlighted area!!! Or the option to copy will not appear.
3. After you have copied the "clock link" go back one page and click on your "user name" then you will see "EDIT PROFILE " (above your user name) click it.
5. Now you will be on the page with all your info, at the bottom of this page you will find "Your Signature" and a empty box to the right, now put you cursor in the box and right click, then you should see an option to paste, select paste and you will see the time clock link. Now change the dates in the link to match the dates of your sail, NUMBERS ONLY DONT CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE!!! i.e. after month=02 change 02 to the month you sail then change the year, day and time to your sail date.
6. Ok now your ready to update your profile so click on "UPDATE PROFILE" and WA'LAA
you should be a proud owner of a new working clock, go to any post that you are on and your clock should be there.
UPDATE!!! I forgot to mention that you need to put a check in the signature box, this can be found at the bottom of your post or reply, in other words every time you make a post or reply you will find a signature box at the bottom of the page, make sure you have checked it!!
OK NOW LET'S GET YOUR PICTURE
1. On the MASSAGE BOARD TRICKS! page there is a option for image library if you click on it you'll find many options for a image or you can choose a personal picture from the web but it must be on the web or have a web address.
2. Ok when you have found the pic that you want right click on it and choose properties from the box, you'll now see the address / url for your pic highlight all of the info to the right of address / url starting at http:/ now right click and select copy (remember your cursor must be on the highlighted area or you won't see the option to copy).
3. After you have copied the address go to EDIT PROFILE in the signature box just under your clock info right click and paste the pic address, you should now see the address to your pic.
4. Now you need to add two things to this address to make it work!!! At the beginning of the address just before http:/ click and add [IMG] at the very end of the address add [/IMG] your now ready to update your profile but first please NOTE THAT the IMG in the box MUST BE IN lower case or it will not work!!! I had to use upper case to get it to appear in my post.
If you still have problems let me know what you have tried and what happend or didn't.
p.s. my thanks again to Deedi she's the one that got me over the hump and deserves credit. THANK'S DEEDI
Shelly B, you are sooo close! but you must have [IMG] just before http:// and [/IMG] just after 17:00 If you look at your last attemps you'll see that you did not have [IMG] before http:// and that you had [>img] after 17:00 MAKE SURE [IMG] & [/IMG] ARE IN LOWER CASE or it will not work I had to use upper case in order to make it appear in this post.
Don't give-up, print my info if need be and go step by step.