Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2004, 10:24 PM
scott and cheryl

Default Singles cruise...as a couple?

Hi all. Hi CruiseMates people. Luv your web site.

I promised my girlfriend Cheryl if she quit smoking on her one-year smoke-free anniversary I would buy her a deluxe cruise anywhere in the world. Shockingly, she took me up the offer and has indeed gone cold turkey.

Although I have a year to plan the trip, this will be our first cruise so I have begun the education process early. We're both 40 and neither of us has children - and our ideal cruise would be child-free (romance and screaming kids are not compatible, my apologies to those who have worked hard to overpopulate the planet).

So the first question is: Are there any cruise lines that offer adults-only trips? By "adult" I do not mean "swingers/wife swappers/lifestylers" - just no children.

I understand that's probably not possible, even with the smaller WindStar ships, so the closest thing seems to be the "singles cruise" concept. Those are the kind of people we would most enjoy being around. So the next question is: If we book a trip on a singles cruise, how can we arrange to be in the cabin together? Of the few registration pages I've looked at, there seems to be no way to add a specific passenger to your cabin.

Thanks!
Scott and Cheryl
Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Singles cruise...as a couple?

Celebrity Cruise Line offers about 4 Adult Only cruises per year. Also, if you go when school is in session on 7 day or longer cruises, you will run into a lot less kids on board. More kids tend to be on Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian and to some extent Princess (depending on time of year and itinerary.) Celebrity and HAL have less children especially in the circumstances mentioned above (but look out during the summer months and school vacation during the year.)

Old September 27th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Ginnie

Celebrity offers some sailings for Adult Guest, 21 and over.
Ask your travel agent about Celebrity Escape cruises.
Happy Cuising, Ginnie
Old September 28th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Passenger

Congratulations Cheryl. Scott, what a great incentive.
I usually take HAL cruises and find that if I travel in January, early February, April, November or December, there are almost no children on board. I also took one Crystal cruise in early December and there were only a couple of children on board. Make sure you don't go in March or the late spring or summer months.
Old September 29th, 2004, 02:49 AM
Admiral

Congrats to Cheryl for kicking that nasty habit! I hope she continues...too bad the Paradise is no longer a smoke free ship, that would be perfect! Especially a longer cruise when the kids are in school....

Enjoy!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old September 29th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Admiral

as the others have stated, Celebrity offers a few adults only cruises during the year. You tend to get an older crowd on a Panama Canal cruise and on cruises 10 days or longer. Avoid school break time. I would pick from Celebrity, HAL, and Princess.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 06:50 PM
CruzCrazy

Definately go for a Celebrity. If you have the time try to do a 10-night cruise, not many children.

I did the 10-night Ultimate Caribbean on the Celebrity Summit out of Ft. Lauderdale with 2 sea days and 5 Caribbean ports and 2 sea days and it was the best cruise I've been on. Very relaxing, it was definately 5 star. The Caribbean in December is a great time to go. Just avoid the holidays. The cruise after ours was going to have 450 kids on it for the Xmas holidays...yikes.

Didn't even know there were any children on our cruise. It was the nicest, most polite group of cruisers I've cruised with so far.

Kudos to Cheryl for kicking the cigs.