Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 19th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default RC Children's Program for 9 YO

Hello, this will be my 3rd cruise, but the first with my daughter who is age 9. I am going on the RC Radiance on 11/7/04 - 11/14/04. I intend to use the children's program, but I became nervous when I read from another poster that at the age of 9 my daughter can sign herself out. I will not relax knowing she might be lost on the ship because she signed herself out. Can I tell the staff that she is not allowed to sign herself out? I only plan to use the children's area for an hour or two during the days at sea and possibly during dinner when we eat at the main dining room because I can't imagine her sitting patiently for a 2 hour dinner. Also, what would the children do at the children's program during dinner hours (we have main seating)? Do they feed the kids? I am used to the children programs offered at all-inclusive resorts in Cancun and my daughter never liked them, so she never stayed alone more than 15 minutes. My friend tells me that the children's program offered by RC are much better, more fun and much safer with adequate supervision. Can you tell me more about RC's children's programs for her age??? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2004, 01:49 PM
beabkc

Default Re: RC Children's Program for 9 YO

My children attended the Kids Club last year one in each group. Yes your daughter can sign herself out only if you sign the proper papers. She will love in club and most likely want to spend most of the day there. I know my children had a great time. At dinner if I rember right they need to sign up for this time do it early they all take a small group. I think your daughter will like the main dinning area I know my 8&10 year old did the waiters fussed all over her and gave her a speacil menu. My teens liked Johnny Rocket instead with ther new friends. Ask your steward for a extra copy of the childrens compass this way you have one and she has the other. cruise she will be in great hands with the leaders bring a small bag for there tickets they recieve for going to camp on the last day she is able to turn them in for great gifts. they are very small and easy to loose.she will have so much fun. Relax and enjoy your cruise and let her have some fun with her new friends. PS A small note book for her new friends addresses they do keep intouch my daughter has had several letters from her new cruise friends.
Old October 19th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: RC Children's Program for 9 YO

Hi Mindy,

We haven't cruised RCC but on Carnival our 9 yr old son could sign in and out himself. He didn't really care for the camp carnival program but what we did was take walkie talkies with us and he would call us and tell us he didn't want to stay and we would have a meeting spot, usually around the pool area. He would go down to our cabin and he really felt independant! Have a great time!