Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2004, 04:54 PM
kmaria

Default New England/Canada-Clothing? HELP!

I will be going on my first cruise in June to New England/Canada on Carnival.
What should I bring for formal evenings, days on ship, days off ship. I do not want to look out of place, and have heard that days on ship are very formal (women usualy wear athletic pants, etc.) How would the weather be in Canada?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2004, 11:14 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: New England/Canada-Clothing? HELP!

The weather in June could be very unpredictable. I'm in Ontario. My son got married this past June 12th and it was a gorgeous sunny day, and about 80 degrees. I even got some sunburn on my shoulders because the wedding was outside! BUT, the week before it was still quite chilly, about 60 degrees and quite cool at night still. So, to sum up...you never know what it will be like in June..the only guarantee I can give you is it won't snow! So be prepared for cool & hot weather. Sorry, but that's the way it is here in the great white north in June! Have a great cruise & enjoy our wonderful maritime provinces.
Nancy
Old October 22nd, 2004, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I agree with Nancy. I live in NH and you can get anything (except snow!) in June. I would bring shorts and t-shirts and have a sweater or sweatshirts in case it gets cool, along with capri pants and at least one pair of long pants. For formal nights a long dress or dressy cocktail dress. Hope this helps.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old October 22nd, 2004, 08:39 AM
Admiral

June in New England is gorgeous its summer - it can be nice and warm, sometimes hot, or we could get a cool spell. If its hot & muggy, be prepared for a line of thunderstorms to pop-up. For daytime wear all you need is shorts, t-shirts, tank tops,and your bathing suit/cover-up- pack a pair of lightweight sweats to throw on in case it does get chilly. When you are in port dress comfortable - shorts if its hot , casual slacks and a lightweight jacket if its chilly.
Evening wear - formal nights -ladies - long dress/gown, long dressy skirt & blouse, or a dressy cocktail dress. Men - dark suit, suit separtes or a tux.
Evening wear - casual nights - ladies - capris & a nice top, dockers type pants and a nice blouse, flat sandals, sheath or sundress with a nice sweater to throw over your shoulders. Men - dockers type or cargo pants with polo shirts or a nice short-sleeve button-down shirt.
Days on the ship are totally casual! If its hot most people spend the day by the pool in their bathing suits, just know that you must wear some type of cover-up when you go into any of the public rooms.
I am from Massachusetts