Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2004, 07:41 AM
tonja

Default Beverages

Hi my husband and I are taking a cruise on the Coral Princess to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. I have a couple of questions:
1 What can we expect to pay for bottled water, pop, coffee and alcohol? I have been told numerous things about drinks. I was told that water is expensive and that alcohol is crazy expensive. so we are trying to plan our funds....

2. We need to get a pad on the mattress due to a back problem, but can't seem to get it done any suggestions?

3 On things like say the captains welcome cocktail party- is that an added cost or gratis, I have been told that if you don't ask it will cost so we want to make sure this is a good vacation not dissapointing due to add on costs- any tips are great

I have read that you can take alcohol on in plastic bottles in checked luggage, the steward does not open luggage do they? First cruise not sure--thanks for ANY info or tips!!!! Cheers
Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2004, 09:23 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Beverages

tonja:

I can give you my experience on these questions.

1 What can we expect to pay for bottled water, pop, coffee and alcohol? I have been told numerous things about drinks. I was told that water is expensive and that alcohol is crazy expensive. so we are trying to plan our funds....

I would not buy water. The ships water is VERY clean and as good as bottled water. If you do buy it, it will be about $2.50 per bottle. Coffee is no charge. Alcohol is about $3.50 to $7.50 per drink. I'm not a beer drinker so I don't know. Princess does allow you to pre-buy spirits at a reasonable price. You can do this online at their website http://www.princess.com/onboard/sendagift/liquor.html

2. We need to get a pad on the mattress due to a back problem, but can't seem to get it done any suggestions?

Ask your cabin steward for one as soon as you board. The pads on board are the standard "egg carton" foam pads. The pads go quickly so ask as soon as you can. A few dollar tip is not required but it doesn't hurt.

3 On things like say the captains welcome cocktail party- is that an added cost or gratis, I have been told that if you don't ask it will cost so we want to make sure this is a good vacation not disappointing due to add on costs- any tips are great

No added cost. There are times you may have to be a bit aggressive to get a cocktail as there are many people at the function and it is for a limited time. If you do give a small tip to a waiter they may come by more often. I have been to Captains parties where I have not had a cocktail and others where the waiter/waitress was one I was familiar with and I had more than my share. :-)

I have read that you can take alcohol on in plastic bottles in checked luggage, the steward does not open luggage do they? First cruise not sure--thanks for ANY info or tips!!!! Cheers

Princess does not allow you to bring your own alcohol onboard but many people do. If you do then pack it in your checked baggage and consume it only in your stateroom. Your steward will not care. I personally find there is no need to lug liquor from home just to have a cocktail in the cabin when you can pre-purchase it and have it waiting in the cabin.

Take care and have a wonderful cruise.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 23rd, 2004, 11:09 AM
dawcruiser

Default Re: Beverages

My wife and I have never sailed Princess but we have sailed on different ships numerous times.

We don't drink, always get the least expensive cabin on the ship. Our tips and extras which include, shore excursions, massages , gift shop purchases and etc, cost about 1/2 of what our cruise cost.

Hope that helps you budget.

Don