Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 31st, 2004, 12:31 PM
CruzCrazy

Default Who has cruised out of Bayonne NJ?

Since RCL and Celebrity are cruising out of Bayonne NJ, has anyone been to that port?

My questions:

If you fly into Newark airport, are there taxis or a bus available to the port?

How far is the port from Newark airport in time?

Are there any hotels at the Newark airport or port for a pre-cruise stay?

How as your embarkation and disembarkations there?

Are there any other cruiselines also going out of Bayonne?

Thanks Cruisemates!
Sponsored Links
Old November 2nd, 2004, 06:33 PM
sailgirl

Default Re: Who has cruised out of Bayonne NJ?

We cruised out of Bayonne and it was great. Of course it helped that it was a 40 minute drive for us. I just wish that there were more ships leaving from there.
Old November 2nd, 2004, 06:55 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Who has cruised out of Bayonne NJ?

Newark to Bayonne is very close but depending on time of day and day of the week you can sit in a bit of traffic. Yes to cabs from the airport and there are buses from the cruiseline if you book with them. There are hotels in the Newark area and in the Meadowlands area and in most towns in Jersey . But, if you are going to do a precruise stay wouldn't you want to go into New York?
Embarkation and disembarkation are rumored to go well (one must consider the size of at least one of the ships is pretty darn big).
Celebrity (owned by RCCL) is rumored to be moving their NY area sailings to New Jersey.
Old November 2nd, 2004, 07:53 PM
CruzCrazy

Thanks all.

I would definately stay in NY, but if I decided to just fly in the day before, I would just stay in Newark.

I just went on the Constellation's 13-night Canada/New England out of NYC. What a great cruise...if you have the time, it's a must! I stayed in Manhattan 3-nights pre and 3-nights post cruise and it was great. I missed the city and played tourist. Got some great rooms on Priceline the Hilton and Waldorf both for $125 a night. I liked the Hilton better though and would definately bid on that one again.

Papa Bill I am a native New Yorker, but now live in Miami, I've been spoiled. Cruising out of NYC is a nightmare so I'm glad that RCL and Celebrity are now in Cape Liberty.

I was just curious on the Bayonne port for future cruises.

As a matter of fact, friends want to do the May 7, 2005 repo cruise from Miami to Bayonne, 8-nights Miami, Aruba, Labadee and a whole lot of sea days. Great price, and a one-way out of NY is not too bad, cheaper to Ft. Lauderdale than to Miami.

I'm calling my agent tomorrow to check on cabins and her price.

Thanks.

I
Old November 4th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Passenger

We drove to Bayonne NJ from Ontario Canada and stayed in Elizabeth NJ which is about a 5-10 min or so drive from the airport. We stayed at a Marriott Residence Inn right across from Jersey Gardens Outlet Mall and it included at hot cont/breakfast. I believe we paid $99US a night. We had a great time especially if you like to do a bit of shopping the mall is HUGE!!! Arrived Fri aft. cruise left Sun evening. We did a city tour of New York gave us a little taste of the Big Apple so next time we will probably go back and stay right in the city so we can do a little bit more. You can take the tours right from the hotel they shuttle you to the airport where the tour bus picks you up, you have the option of a 1/2 or full day tour. We found the prices not to be to bad. Even if you are flying in the hotel offers a shuttle to and from the airport and I am sure you can get a taxi from there to the port which was also a 10-15 min drive to the port depending on traffic.
Have a great time.
I would say that Bayonne was the best port yet to go through we had not a problem at all, there was 6 of us and we all agreed how smooth things went.
Miami/Tampa/New Orleans/Bayonne NJ and Rome here we come!!!
Carnival also has a ship in that port.