Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 18th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Ella

Default Bottom deck

The rates seem best for the bottom deck. Are there problems with that deck (e.g., noise, smell) that cause the lower price? Is it a steady deck?
Sponsored Links
Old November 18th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Bottom deck

We were on the bottom deck and had no problems at all. I personally think the bottom deck, mid ship, has the least amount of movement. We always used the stairs and that gave us the extra exercise we needed since we were always eating!
Old November 18th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Ella:
Lower deck cabins are usually the porthole or inside cabins. There will be no balcony cabins at that level. You will also have to go up a number of decks to get to the pool and buffet areas on most ships. You will actually have to go up to get to just about anything. Then again you will go down to get back to your cabin so it's a wash.

The cabins themselves are probably just fine. Check what is above you. If it is a nightclub then you may have a bit of late night noise.

Emjay is correct. The most stable part of the ship is midship on the lower decks.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 18th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Admiral

One of the main reasons is that you are further away from the decks that have all the going-ons, the ships hub of activities ( pool deck, buffet, show lounges etc).
You are closer to the engines so you might hear more engine noise.
You are closer to the kitchen so that could get a bit noisy and crazy during dinner times.
Basically its all about convenience, and location, location, location.
Old November 18th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Last two cruises we have been on the bottom deck and have had no trouble with noise, smell, etc. The elevators were close by and we didn't have any trouble getting one. We did take the stairs if we were just going up or down a few decks to get the extra exercise.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old November 18th, 2004, 01:38 PM
dawcruiser

On the Costa Atlantica ship he 1A cabins and there are only about 10 of them are on the lowest deck. Drawback is they are next door to the disco. On my sailing they were $429.00 pp plus $52.12 in port and taxes, (this is the same no matter what catageory cabin you get).

I always book a gaurnteed cabin 1A and was upgraded to a cabin grade 3 which is an inside on the 7th deck.

I really got a good cabin. And I got it for the lowest fare. But I could of ended up right next door to the disco with all the drunks and noise.

I always gamble on cabin locations and have yet to be disappointed. But as everyone always says pay for the cabin you want if the location really matters to you.

Lower in the middle of ship is most often the smoothest ride.

Don
Old November 18th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Ella,
What ship will you be sailing on? That can make a difference also. We were on the Paradise and we did have a large window and there were only other cabins above us.
You should be able to look at the layout of the ship and see what will be above and beside you. That isn't one of the huge ships so we didn't have too many flights to go up.
However the elevators were always available without a long wait and our ship was sold out. I am sure where ever you are you will have a great time.