Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Beginner

Default Should we cruise Carnival?

Have been on Disney, RCCL and HAL. Just recently HAL Oosterdam - outstanding and loved every minute. Now we want to see more exotic locales such as Belize, Costa Maya, Progresso, etc., seems that Carnival is the only line out there with such itineraries. Looking into the Miracle, Valor, Glory or Legend in May 2005. Any preference on these ships? Some better than others? We are late 40s - no kids. We don't want a week from hell.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 13th, 2005, 05:54 PM
Cruisingrandma

Default Re: Should we cruise Carnival?

Hard for anyone else to say you will have a great time on a Carnival ship. I know i have great times on carnival ships. But i have no idea what your likes or dislikes are. I am in my fifties and my husband in his sixties. our group of 10 have great cruises.
Old January 13th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Admiral

We are in our mid 50's and have cruised with CCL 16 times and think they are the best fit for us of the 5 lines we have done. My suggestion would be either the Legend or Miracle as those ships have less people and frankly, I like the design of them <G>
Jim

Old January 14th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Miss Nancy

If you're cruising in May 2005 I would go earlier in the month. Some schools are out by the end of May in various parts of the country and there would most likely be more kids on board. Just a thought.

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old January 14th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Jamiegunter

Hi Carnival is great. We are sailing RCCL in two weeks. We go to Belize, Costa Maya, Grand Caymen and Cozumel on the Explorer of the Seas. There are plenty of cruise lines going to those ports. Dont choose based on ports alone. We have cruised Carnival twice and had a great time.
Old January 14th, 2005, 09:57 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to TC(Top-Cat)

Miss N.

My husband and I have taken 3 CCL and are about to take number 4. I am 45 and my husband just turned 50.

We traveled back in late August with my parents for their 50th (dad is 70). We all had a GREAT time.

One thing about CCL is that they really fill all ages for entertainment. They have many lounges, all with different thems. My husband and I enjoy watching kareoke. Sometimes it can be a real hoot.

I would give it a try, and then you'll know. And early May would be good. We go May 1st on the Victory, before all the schools let out, because my parents are again going. Also, last Ausgust, we cruised in the middle between the first two hurricanes. We got luck there. Some didn't.

On Glory - 05-06-06

Sensation,Jubilee ,Maj.of the Seas,Conquest, Victory.