Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 16th, 2005, 11:24 PM
Karen H

Default Carribean Cruise

What is the best time of year to go on a Carribean Cruise & what is the weather like at that time?
Sponsored Links
Old January 17th, 2005, 05:29 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Carribean Cruise

Karen: This is a very subjective question......since I live in the northeast of the US, I loved to sail the Caribbean in January/February to escape our winters. I've always had much better luck weather-wise sailing the eastern or southern caribbean during this timeframe. The two times we've sailed the western Caribbean, we have not had the greatest weather. The eastern and southern had temps in the 80 and 90's and was very sunny.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old January 17th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Yeoman

I like sailing in March, April or May. That way I may be able to enjoy the debarkation port as well. Usually or states get rain through February or so.
Old January 17th, 2005, 09:40 AM
venice

anytime is the best time when you have the funds and the time
Old January 17th, 2005, 06:39 PM
pcboston

I also live in the northeast. I don't sail in winter for a couple of reasons. I'd be afraid of cancelled flights due to blizzards, I wouldn't like to carry around winter coats on the trip, and it would be too depressing to come home to cold and snow after a week in Paradise. April and May have been best for me. Weather is usually gorgeous in the caribbean and nice here too. June is good, but hotter down there, the prices go up, and there are a lot more children, so if you are taking kids, they may enjoy it more then.Have only done one in fall, the weather was horrible, but that could have been just this year. Seems like its been bad everywhere. Happy planning. Hope this helps.
Old January 17th, 2005, 09:06 PM
CruzCrazy

January, February and March is very iffy down here in the subtropics.

I live in Miami and today it was in the 60's (little cold for me since my blood has thinned out) this is due to the cold front from the north pushing down. The Caribbean is still in the 80's, but keep in mind if you are flying from a cold-weather snow state you might run into problems getting down here or even going home.

You can always count on April (watch out for Spring Breakers though).

But May is the best time in my opinion.

Also if you want to spend some time in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area, the beaches are cold as well.

I always cruise the Caribbean in May and December and have always had wonderful weather. Nice 80 degree tropical weather.

As a matter of fact I just went to the Eastern Caribbean on Jan 2-9 and the weather was perfect, but my travel mates had to head back up to New Jersey/New York and ran into snow. They were a little depressed after having a wonderful warm vacation.

If you don't mind 60's then come on down.