Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Passenger

Default luggage weight limit

Was wondering what the weight limit was PP, if any on NCL ships

Thanks,DJ
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: luggage weight limit

Hi DJ,
Its the airlines that have the weight limits, not the cruiseline. No limit or amount of bags either.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 19th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: luggage weight limit

Thanks for the info. I'm taking a few extra's to drop off in Roatan.
Old January 20th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Better check your cruise contract. Mine clearly states that there is a luggage limit of 200# per person. I never noticed it until today when I was filling out my credit card info for my charge account.

Under clauses in Cruise Ticket Contract:

2. (a) Each adult Passenger is permitted to carry up to two hundred pounds (200 lbs.) of luggage aboard Vessel.

This is for Celebrity. You might want to check with your cruise company to see what their policy is.

Stacy
Old January 20th, 2005, 04:01 PM
PapBill

Default Re: Re: luggage weight limit

I wouldn't worry about a 200 pound per person limit. That is four full sized suitcases per person. You don't even need that much on a round the world cruise.
Old January 20th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Yeoman

I doubt that anybody would notice! The porters take the bags (they don't care). The room stewards bring them to your room, one by one with others in between. You would have to have an awefull lot of luggage for anybody to say anything.

Holiday May 2000
Old January 20th, 2005, 09:48 PM
AR

Default Re: Re: Re: luggage weight limit

PapaBill--

Good thinking. But the fact that you don't NEED them doesn't mean that some people won't BRING them.

It would be interesting if Cruisemates would get an intern (if they have them) to go through the posts for the last year, catalog the junk--er, I mean "absolute necessities"-- that people have said they carry with them, assign weights and add it up. Sometimes I'm surprised that the ships stay afloat. I truly believe that any couple arriving at the pier with 400 pounds of luggage should be thrown off the gangway, but that's bad for public relations.

My favorite overpacking story goes back a number of years when a friend was chartering his 55-foot teak sailboat out of St. Thomas. He was having a slow period, so he invited us and our cousins to come aboard for a week at cost, just to keep the boat running. We arrived at STT airport with one small duffle each for the week. We didn't have to carry them far because he had the Zodiac on the beach behind the baggage shed, and the boat was a hundred yards out in the bay at anchor. At some point during the week, Rob told us (on a stack of Bibles) that on at least one of four of his typical charters, a couple arrived at the boat with huge hard-sided suitcases and/or footlockers. In them were long gowns, tuxedos, and, of course, duct tape. Even though he (and the charter broker he worked through at the time) sent out detailed information that this was a sailboat and not a cruise ship, apparently many passengers just couldn't fathom (sorry) the difference.
Old January 25th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

I'm not sure I have 200lbs of stuff at home!!!