Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2005, 11:51 PM
duckie

Default Liberty formal nights

Does anyone know how many formal nights there will be on the Liberty cruises to Europe this fall? We are spending 5 nights per-cruise in Rome and I am trying to pack as lightly as I can.
Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Liberty formal nights

There are two formal nights per their catalog. What date are you sailing - my family is on the 8/13 sailing - can't wait!
Old January 25th, 2005, 06:28 PM
duckie

We are on the Sept 18th sailing. Also can't wait. I have never been to Europe and am so excited.
Old January 25th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Admiral

If they say 2 nights for the Trans-Atlantic then that is what they will have BUT when we crossed on the Legend we had three formal nights. I know because I brought two pairs of trousers and three shirts and three sets of accessories. You might want to check directly with them again and make sure they know it is for the Trans-Atlantic crossing and not the Med cruises.
Jim

Old January 25th, 2005, 10:07 PM
Beginner

Hi Jim -
It won't be a Trans-Atlantic cruise until the 10/24 sailing. From 7/20 - thru 10/12, it will be a Med cruise. At least......that's what I told my husband and I'm sticking to it! lol
Old January 26th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Admiral

The Med cruise has two formal nights. At least that is what one of the crew that will be onboard has told me.
Jim

Old January 28th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Beginner

Wife and I are 9/18. Hope this formal nite thing goes better than our last cruise. Wife finally (read beat me down) into getting a dark suit. We went to the suit guys who got me fitted and accessorized (of course). They asked if I wanted belt loops or braces. I decided on braces (there is a difference betrween braces and suspenders, which I didnt know till then) Well you need buttons sown on the inside of the pant's waistband. And of course they sold me a pocket hankerchief which matched my braces...Well we get to formal nite and I have my suit staged and get my braces and go to attach them and there are no buttons. Well, having spent the day imbibing I called for backup and had my wife check. After further observation and consultation we determined my trousers were without brace buttons. The good news is they hadn't removed the belt loops and I had a belt. Crisis averted! So the last thing on were my brand new black slip on Florshiems (on Sale at Sears). We went to dinner and even if this was the first suit I had on since about 1979 I was doing o.k. Dinner is finished and we leave and as we are going out the dining room door I feel this dragging sensation on my foot and hear a sound like corduroy rubbing. I look down and the sole of my shoe has come loose and is flopping in the air as I walk.... Needless to say I was thinking I was not destined for formal nite. Fortunately, my wife who is even now working on our Med packout had me adequately supplied with shoes shirts coats etc, so I wasn't too out of place at the next formal nite. With this in mind I can't wait for the Liberty's Formal Nights.