Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Default company name

I was wondering what the policy was on naming a company that I had a big problem with. I posted a word of advice on them without mentioning them but someone wanted to know there name. Is it okay to list the name of the company? My post is under Chit-chat for cruisers Word of Advice. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Admiral

Default Re: company name

If you can document and explain it then it is not libel and you may post it. We here ar CM allow the bad as well as the good to be posted so long as you can justify it.
Jim

Old January 26th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Administrator
Admiral

nolou:
As Jim said, if you can document it then you can mention the name of the company. In regard to the post on Chit Chat you could name the company. Almost all rental car companies charge a large mark up of the going rate per gallon for cars that are not brought back full. You did return the car full and had the receipt but it didn't get marked as being full.

You made a very good point to people who are not familiar with renting cars in that they should always: 1. Make sure they fill the car just before returning it. 2. Make sure that the attendant marks that the car was returned full.

I am sorry that you had to find out the hard way and you should not have had to find out the way you did.

I had Avis once charge me over $8 because they had to put 2 gallons of gas in a car I returned. I imagine that if they squeezed the filler tube full they may have got that much in it. I never rented from them again and I have rented many a car in my day. Not a good thing to do to a frequent renter and a corporate account holder.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 26th, 2005, 10:07 PM
Admiral

Thanks for the information. You guys are great.

Cheryl C.
Old January 27th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Didn't know what you were talking about but I can also say that you definately need to return the car with a full gas tank or they will rip you a new one. They tried to tell me in Cozumel that they were going to charge me something like $30 per vehicle to fill them back up with fuel as my family had rented two. Now understand we just drove around the island which isn't that big so really didn't burn much fuel even though these things had exceptionally bad fuel economy for some reason. I told them to stuff it and immediately left, they tried to say I couldn't as I had returned them, and we went and filled both vehicles up for $8 total and brought them back full. I don't think they were too happy with me. <>
Jim