Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2005, 04:45 PM
jane lee

Default january cruising warm enough for wimps?

We are planning a Western Carribean cruise for next year and would ideally like to go in January if it's warm enough. Will it be warm enough on sea days for the kids to swim in the pool? I don't think really want to go on a cruise wearing sweats and jackets. Can anyone give advice? We've cruised before, but never in the winter. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Passenger

Default Re: january cruising warm enough for wimps?

Just returned form a four day January 28, 2005. I would have to say that it was a little breezy on deck and was cool in Key west our morning ther. Cozumel was a beautiful 90 degrees. Day at sea high 70's to low 80's but breezy we came out of a blizzard on the east coast so it seemed fine tous but others were more bundeled up then we were. It depends on what you think is warm enough. I have heard others say that other parts of the Carribean can be warmer this time of year.

Old January 30th, 2005, 11:38 PM
paulett

We just returned from a 7 days carribean cruise Jan 22-29. It was very breezy, it rain
at 2 ports, but we still made the best of it. The beaches was not crowded due to
the breeze and rain. The pool deck was very breezy a well, very breezy on sea days.

Paulett
Old January 31st, 2005, 08:22 AM
Yeoman

Weve been going over New Years and have done Western twice, and Eastern this last time. I think its warmer on the Western trips, and a lot calmer than Eastern since the waters are more protected (what we were told by the captain on the Eastern trip). However, the first few days around FL can still be on the chilly side, especially at night so be prepared!

alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal
Old January 31st, 2005, 09:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

We went out of Galveston on Jan. 2. The first night was cool and the last night was cool. Other than that wonderful weather. This was our second cruise during this time of year, and we have had similar weather both times. Our first trip the entire last day was cool. We were sailing back into Houston. There was a cold front pushing through.
Old January 31st, 2005, 09:42 AM
Passenger

I was on a cruise that sailed Jan 2. I loved it! San Juan was a little chilly, ('tho it was warm to an upstate New Yorker) but, the rest of the cruise weather was great! The ship and the ports were less crowded and the cruise staff seemed more relaxed.