CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   Transportation from Orlando to Cocoa Beach area? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/244731-transportation-orlando-cocoa-beach-area.html)

Cruznut2 February 3rd, 2005 07:19 AM

Transportation from Orlando to Cocoa Beach area?

Planning to book on the Glory in September. Flying to Orlando. Need info as to the best / most reasonable way to transport from airport to Cocoa Beach. Flying in early so transfers from Carnival are not an option. Hope to be staying at Quality Suites on N. Atlantic Boulevard. Thank you

Cruznut2

rayb February 3rd, 2005 09:40 AM

Re: Transportation from Orlando to Cocoa Beach area?

Rent a car at the Orlando airport (MCO) with drop off in Cocoa Beach. Keep it for transportation while there. There are no drop off charges in Florida. Make your reservation before hand. Depends on the size of car to determine cost. Should be less than $40 per day. This is cheaper than taking a shuttle bus.

L&S80 February 3rd, 2005 01:00 PM

Cruznut so are we......not sure where we'll stay yet......but are coming in on Friday.....Raddison Resort at the port in Cape Canaveral says they have a shuttle to the port......looking into that......

Sharon

Cruznut2 February 3rd, 2005 07:06 PM

Re: Re: Transportation from Orlando to Cocoa Beach area?

HI Sharon, We too will fly in Friday. Looking at several hotels in the area Quality Suites was fairly reasonable and had a shuttle to the port for $3.00 a person. Undecided as to how to transport from Orlando Airport to the hotel. It is a long ride about 45 minutes so a taxi will be pricey. Ray has suggested renting a car. I am leaning towards that.

Laura

Jim Bragg February 3rd, 2005 07:10 PM

Yea Laura! Glad to have you join us!
Jim

L&S80 February 3rd, 2005 07:14 PM

Laura......we're leaning towards renting a car also.....can you send me some info on the hotel??? The one I found was $12 a person to the pier......yes the taxi is pricey.....we found one for $84 one way.......a bit high for us.

Sharon

Cruznut2 February 4th, 2005 07:28 AM

L&S- I sent the link to the hotel info to your email.

Laura

Mattp February 8th, 2005 01:44 PM

I had just recently looked into this. I called Thrifty and they said that they should be starting a shuttle from the rental office to the piers starting in April. Thrifty also had some pretty good prices too.

Cruznut2 February 9th, 2005 07:53 AM

Hi Matt, Thank you for the info. I was going to rent a car. I would much rather leave the driving to someone else. I will chack it out today.

Cruznut2

L&S80 February 9th, 2005 09:28 AM

Hertz has a shuttle to the pier & they are located on N. Atlantic Ave.......we're thinking of using them......seemed real nice on the phone......Laura.........see ya in Sept!!!!

Sharon