Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 6th, 2005, 09:56 PM
alaskatourer

Default cruisetour to Alaska

We are trying to decide between a cruisetour to Alaska with Princess and one with Holland America. We want to do Denali/McKinley and inner passage. Any suggestions? Would another cruise line be better than those two?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Vicki Black

Default Re: cruisetour to Alaska

We went on the Princess Coral last July and have never been on a Holland America cruise line so I can't say which would be better. If you are interested in a better chance of seeing wildlife in Denali be sure a book a trip that has 2 nights in Denali for the 6-8 hour tundra tour in Denali park. Our tour guide showed us where the shorter tour goes for people who are only there one night (not near as many miles into the park. We had not seen many animals up to that point.) We had awesome animal sightings on our trip and actually were gone 8 1/2 hours. When animals are sighted the bus generally pulls over to the side of the road so that you can watch them and take pictures which is why there is a 2 hour variance in lengh of trip. I know you will have an awesome trip regardless of which cruiseline you pick to do it with. It really comes down to which line offers the price and iterinary that you want. I highly recommend a balcony for this cruise though since you are in sight of land most of the time in the inside passage and are constantly on the lookout for humpback whales! Sidenote: In Juneau I did the whale watching excusion and had a great trip seeing many whales. My husband booked the dogsed trip but it was cancelled due to the weather. Hope these little tidbits are helpful in making your choices. I would love to be going again!