Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Passenger

Default HAL vs. Carnival

Hello all!!! My wife and I are going to be first time cruisers. We plan on cruising to the eastern caribbean in May. I am 35 and my wife is 33. Our dilema. Holland or Carnival? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Passenger

Default Re: HAL vs. Carnival

Hi TeeJay
I would have to say definately Carnival. My husband and I and another couple all in the same age group (well a lil' older) are booked May 1st on the Victory. I have only been on Carnival & Princess cruises (which are great but they are still more of an older crowd) and if you want pure fun I would have to say Carnival.
Old February 15th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Admiral

Probably Carnival. While both have great products and are owned by the same corperation, HAL is geared a little bit more to the older crowd and the food and entertainment reflect that. HAL is definately more laid back than Carnival which is listed and is the "Fun Ships". They are geared more towards your age group in entertainment and activities.
Jim

Old February 15th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I don't know that you've give enough information to get good advice here.

The choice is really dependant on what type of atmosphere you're looking for in your cruise vacation.

Both HAL and Carnival offer very good, but quite different cruise experiences. And different ships from each will also offer different experiences.

In Nov. I sailed Carnival Victory and just last weekend got off HAL Westerdam. Both good.. and both different from the other in many ways.