Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Passenger

Default college guys wanting to cruise

Hey, I was discussing possible spring break trips for 2006 and the idea of a cruise came up (we're all 21+). I was wondering what line you guys would recommend for a group of young males (maybe 5 guys at most) who's biggest concern is that there be hot weather and........well you know! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: college guys wanting to cruise

We are taking our 18 year old daughter on Royal Caribbean so why don't you guys think about Carnival, lol, No, really just joshing. a cruise is a blast and on top of all the fun on the ship, you have wonderful new places to see. I think you guys would probably enjoy Carnival, they don't call it the fun ship for no reason, have a blast

Kristine
Old February 20th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Depends on what you are really expecting out of your vacation. If it is booze, non-stop partying and women then maybe a land vacation to Ft Lauderdale, Daytona Beach or even Cancun or Jamacia would be in order. If you are looking to have a nice time with moderate drinking and meeting interesting people and going to interesting places then a cruise is what you are looking for and I could suggest CCL, RCI, or even NCL.
Jim

Old February 20th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Passenger

Thanks, I was wavering between a Florida trip and a cruise, but the guys I'm going with as well as myself are more easy going and put off by the idea of a mass crowd drunkingly stumbling around like zombies. We're interested in a cruise that has a significant younger crowd (although around spring break I'm sure that's almost guaranteed) and is not outrageously priced, although it isn't the biggest factor right now in deciding our trip.
Old February 20th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Admiral

IN that case a cruise may well be a plan you will want to explore! Both CCL and RCI have dancing late. RCI's newer ships and Voyage class ships have rockclimbing walls, basketball, inline skating, minigolf etc that you may enjoy if you are into sports. CCL has probably a bit better dance clubs.
Jim

Old February 21st, 2005, 10:24 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to CZodda

Hi B,

Just a quick thought regarding your ages. I know you said everyone was 21+, but (Jim, correct me here if I'm wrong), for each cabin, you'll need someone to be over the age of 25. I believe that's the rule for Carnival...not too sure about the age requirements for the other lines.

Just wanted to let you know about that so you can plan accordingly.

Have a great time!

Cathy in NYC

Old February 21st, 2005, 11:36 AM
Admiral

No Cathy. The rule is that if there is someone UNDER the age of 21 then you must have someone over the age of 25 in the same cabin and responsible for them. As long as you are 21 or older you have no problems.
Jim

Old February 21st, 2005, 12:14 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to CZodda

Great news Jim! I'm glad I was wrong about this :-)

Have a great day all!

Cathy