Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2005, 07:19 PM
Maxine

Default E-Ticket Question

We received e-tickets. What do you do about luggage tags? Always before we got actual tags (booked through local travel agent).

Do we need to find a laminator, or what do you suggest? Does it matter if they are not in color, or do we need to print on a color printer? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2005, 07:52 PM
cali-croozer

Default Re: E-Ticket Question

We use colorful luggage tags, but always put our information inside of the suitcase too, in case the tags are ripped off. When you check in at the airport, they will be the appropriate tags on your luggage and you'll be on your way. Don't put the cruise tags on until you are on your way to the port.

Hope this is the information you were looking for.........????????
Old February 21st, 2005, 09:12 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Maxine:

Are you referring to airline E-Tickets? If so you can handle these quite similar to a regular ticket. You can check in at the airline's check in area. Give them your name and picture ID. They will have your reservation in their system. You can check you luggage for the flight at this time.

You should have standard luggage tags with your name address and phone number on the outside of your suitcase. You should also have this information inside your luggage in the event the outside tag is lost or removed. They do not have to be laminated but the sturdier they are the longer they will last and withstand the rigors of baggage handling. Colored tags can make your luggage easier to find in a crowd but not required. Do avoid having your luggage tags too large or they will pull off in conveyor belts or during handling. The bigger they are the easier they are to catch on something.

If you are referring to a cruise E-Ticket then you should contact your travel agent and request that your cruise luggage tags be sent to you so you can put them on your bags before you arrive at the ship.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 22nd, 2005, 11:11 AM
Maxine

Default Re: Re: E-Ticket Question

Thanks for the info Mike.
What I meant to reference were the luggage "labels" that have name of cruise ship, room number, etc. They are normally adhesive backed. What we got by e-ticket was just a copy we print.

I would prefer to have the ones we had on previous cruises that were mailed to us (in color, with peel off backing).

I have requested these from travel agent, but have not yet had response. Any suggestions?
Old February 22nd, 2005, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

When you arrive at the pier, the porters will have the "regular" luggage tags available. Just get some, and place them on your luggage before handing the bags over to the porter.
It'll only delay you about 30 seconds <G>

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 22nd, 2005, 03:56 PM
Maxine

Default Re: Re: E-Ticket Question

Thanks for the info, Kuki. They wanted $15.00 to mail them to us! I guess I should have thought about it sooner; this is our first time for e-tickets.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 04:01 PM
Koshka

Before handing the bags over to the porter - make sure YOU write your CABIN number on the tags. Our friends let the porter do it - and they did not get their laggade until 9 pm - because noone could figure out was that a "5" or a "3"...